cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius 4.5 file won't open in Xcelisus 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a dashboard model that was developed in Xcelsius Pro 4.5 and opens, exports and runs fine.

I am trying to migrate this to Xcelcius 2008 (Version 5.1.3.0, Build 12,1,3,495 - ie. SP1 with FP3) but the .xlf file will not open. I initially get the error "Failed to set localized strings", which is then followed by the error "Crystal Xcelsius is unable to load this file. This file may be corrupt or have features that cannot be supported by this version of Crystal Xcelsius".

I have exported the Excel model from 4.5 and attempted to import that into Xcelsius 2008, but it just hangs with a "Server Busy" error - no other errors similar to when I try the .xlf.

Can anyone suggest next steps for troubleshooting these problems? I have tried across multiple Xcelcius instances on different PC's and the results are the same.

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Close all microsoft microsoft products running on your system before opening the file.

If the above does not help, keep a separate excel open before opening the file.

Hope one of it helps.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - but neither has helped the problem.

I have since looked into this further:

I blanked out the model (ie. imported a blank sheet and cleared bindings) in X4.5 and attempted to migrate that into X2008. This still presents the error of a corrupt file or unsupported control - even though it's all find in X4.5 and there's no special controls used.

When importing the X4.5 document, which includes a .xlsx model, X2008 (which has an embedded Excel 2007 instance) is giving me an Office compatibility message - as if it's attempting to downgrade from .xlsx to .xls.

The problem is contained to only this file - no other dashboards I've migrated have had problems like this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An update -

I've since exported the .xlsx model and removed the compatibility issues (overlapping conditional formats, which aren't support in the Excel 2003 .xls format). The Excel model will now import successfully into X2008!

The Xcelsius dashboard itself is still having the problem with a specific component, but I can't determine which to target.

Does anyone know of a logging mode that will tell me which component is causing the problem. I have no problems deleting a targeted control and re-creating it - I just need some assistance from Xcelsius to tell me which.

Thanks

amit_mathur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

When you tried migrating the Xcelsius models into 2008,were you trying to use Office 2007 sheet?

Incase yes, try to open the source data in office 2007 and save it and then re-import it in 4.5 and then try to migrate the models to Xcelsius 2008.

Regarding which component has got corrupted, its going to be very difficult to say unless I am able to see the dashboard and try to manually delete with some of the components.

Incase you have very complex models created in Xcelsius 4.5 and trying to migrate to Xcelsius 2008,its recommended to create from scratch in Xcelsius 2008.

Please revert incase you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Amit Mathur.

Answers (0)