Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stale NFS file handle - what does this error mean ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i run a background job.. i get an error saying 'stale NFS file handle..' and the job gets abended and when i re-ran the same job again it didnt give me the error.. and its not happening to all the jobs...

Could anybody let me know why this error occurs ??

Thank You,

Suresh

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Are you uploading the file from presentation server? Are you using GUI_UPLOAD / UPLOAD / CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES class in your program?

If yes, these things will not work in background.

You can upload the data only from app server using OPEN DATASET in the background mode.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

The program is using RS_REFRESH_FROM_SELECTOPTIONS and GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS function modules...

Thank You,

Suresh

0 Kudos

We use WINDOWS 2000 Prof edtion here...

0 Kudos

On your client PCs, you might use Win2000. But I do not believe that SAP R/3 app software will run a Win2000 box.

From the SAP menu, choose: System > status

What appears in "Host data"? That is your app server's OS.

0 Kudos

It runs on HP-UX 9000/800

0 Kudos

Then you should have a UNIX or Infrastructure team that supports your UNIX OS. Provide this message to them. They need to address on an Operating system side.

There is nothing that you can do from an ABAP side. The OS needs it's file handles refreshed.

Don't forget those points.

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message is some thing to do with your OS? Is your OS is 'Solaris '? If yes''

Pleaser see the OSS note # 647378

Signals on Solaris

Other terms

Solaris error messages signals kill killed header truss errno

/* SUN Network File System */

#define ESTALE 151 /* Stale NFS file handle */

Please award the points . if it helps you .

Thanks

0 Kudos

Pass this error onto the team that supports your app server(s) Operating system.

They need to "refresh" the file handles on the OS itself.