cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

for SAP PI I am running an SLD setup with one Master SLD (for Dev and Qa) and one Slave (for prod).

Should "Java data supplier" be pointing at the Master SLD for all systems (D,Q,P) ?

Or should the "Java data supplier" for the production system be pointing at the Slave SLD?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

That depends upon the the strategy as a whole....

If your production PI uses the "slave SLD" in runtime - i.e. to resolve "Business System" names - then this slave SLD must contain the landscape data for itself and involved business systems. This "slave" SLD can get these data in at least two ways:

1) By having ALL data suppliers deliver its landscape data in this "slave SLD". In this case you will miss the data in your "master" SLD, but you can resolve this by having the "slave" SLD forwarding these data to the "master" SLD by configuring "automatic forward".

2) You can also do it the other ways around: To have ALL data suppliers deliver is landscape data in the "master" SLD and here configure "automatic forward" to automatically update the "slave SLD" with landscape data

If you (manually) define business systems in your master SLD, this this can be "transported" to the "slave" SLD by using export/import feature.

...but I recommend that you take a look in SLD planning guide - general recommendation.

BR

Tom Bo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same situation but my question would be can I use the Dev,Qa SLD as a backup if the prod SLD goes down? If so how?

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do this, if:

1) The DEV/QAS contains the same data (tech.systems, business systems, Jco, etc.) as the prd sld

2) The systems (SLD-clients, like web dynpro, PI, etc.) that are configured to use the prod SLD needs to be re-configured to point to the dev/qas sld - or better you could use a DNS-alias for the prod SLD in this configuration and when PRD down: Change this alias in the DNS to point to the IP of the dev/QAS SLD. This you have to wait for DNS cache flush also - off cause.

BR

Tom Bo