cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Am i right if i say, The Non-cumulative key figure '0VALSTCKVAL - Value of valuated stock' is calculated from '0ISSVS_VAL - Value issued from valuated stock' and '0RECVS_VAL - Value Received into Valuated Stock' at query run-time.

If so, on what basis (any formula) is the 0VALSTCKVAL calculated?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Didnt get your question exactly.

Isnt the formula 'Difference of Value Issued and Value Received' as you have already stated?

You will need to check how value issued and value received are being calculated in the source system.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing an old question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Non-cumulative key figure '0VALSTCKVAL - Value of valuated stock' is calculated from '0ISSVS_VAL - Value issued from valuated stock' and '0RECVS_VAL - Value Received into Valuated Stock' at the time of Compression.

So If there in no compression for the request then the value is calculated at the time of query execution.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response. I understand that the non-cumulative key figure is calculated at query run time.

What i am not aware is if there is any formula for calculating 0VALSTCKVAL from the 2 cumulative key figures -

1. '0RECVS_VAL - Value Received into Valuated Stock'

2. '0ISSVS_VAL - Value issued from valuated stock'

What exactly is the formula for calculating the non-cumulative key figure.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

0VALSTCKVAL is also a Non cumulative KF.

0RECVS_VAL is the 'Inflow' object for 0VALSTCKVAL

0ISSVS_VAL is the ;'Outflow' Object for 0VALSTCKVAL

<i>I understand that the non-cumulative key figure is calculated at query run time.</i>

This is not true in all cases, this is true only if there is any request which is not yet compressed.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

But, is it not always the requests are compressed in Inventory management (whether compression 'With Marker Update' or 'Without Marker Update' for init/delta requests). Please let me know.

when we say, Inflow and Outflow objects, what exactly happens or what does it do?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are right. If all requests in the inventory cube are not yet compressed, then the 'stock value' will be evaluated at the time of query execution.

If all requests in the inventory cube are compressed, then the 'stock value' is already available in the cube.

Inflow and Outflow:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/82/f2dc37f0f12313e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a62dee07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you clarify your point?

<i>Yes, you are right. If all requests in the inventory cube are not yet compressed, then the 'stock value' will be evaluated at the time of query execution.

If all requests in the inventory cube are compressed, then the 'stock value' is already available in the cube.</i>

I was of the assumption that when all the requests in the inventory cube ARE COMPRESSED, then 'stock value' will be evaluated at the time of query consumption.

Because, in our inventory cube, there are few COMPRESSED REQUESTS and i cannot see any column for 'stock value' (0VALSTCKVAL) in the contents of the cube.

Regards

Message was edited by: George Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact my question is, how do we validate the 3 key figures (non-cumulative kf - 0VALSTCKVAL) and ('Inflow' KF - 0RECVS_VAL and 'Outflow' Object - '0ISSVS_VAL').

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those Kf are not available in the Cube content.But still I feel the stock values are stored some where in the BW system only.

SAP says:

<i>Technically, non-cumulatives are stored using a marker for the current time (current non-cumulative) and the storage of non-cumulative changes, or inflows and outflows. The current, valid end non-cumulative (to 12.31.9999) is stored in the marker. You can determine the current non-cumulative or the non-cumulative at a particular point in time. You can do this from the current, end non-cumulative and the non-cumulative changes and/or the inflows and outflows.

Queries for the current non-cumulative can be answered very quickly, since the current non-cumulative is created as a directly accessible value. There is only one marker for each combination of characteristic values that is always updated when the non-cumulative InfoCube (InfoCube that includes the non-cumulative key figures) is compressed. So that access to queries is as quick as possible, compress the non-cumulative InfoCubes regularly. (See Compressing InfoCubes) to keep the marker as current as possible.</i>

The above para says,if we do compression ( of all requests) then there is no need of calculating <i>Stock</i> at the time of query execution.

i.e some where in the BW the value of Stock is stored.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a62dee07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo anil.

I am done with the kompression of all the datasources ie BX, BF and UM as per HOW TO INVENTORY doc.

as per your last reply <i>" if we do compression ( of all requests) then there is no need of calculating Stock at the time of query execution."</i>

so now i dont need to do any kalculation on my own using the Non cumulative KF <i>0CPTOTSTOBU (Last Valuated Stock Total/BUn)</i>

inflow <i>0CPTSTREBU (Receipts to Valuated Stock Total / BUn)</i> and outflow <i>0CPTSTISBU (Issues from Valuated Stock Total / BUn')</i>

Now in report when i use KF 0CPTOTSTOBU(noncumulative), 0CPTSTREBU (inflow) and 0CPTSTISBU (outflow)

my result is -10KG, BLANK and BLANK respectively

Is there anything I am doing wrong.

I want to kalkulate the opening and closing stock value. could you pls tell me howto get these? I am bit konfused with the concept!!!!

Inputs plssssss......