cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in File2File Scenario in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My Doubt is in File2File Scenario..Previously I have Learned XI 3.0 and Later i have worked on PI7.0 ..

Now i need to work on PI 7.1 ...

Is there any Difference B/w PI 7.0 and pI 7.1 file2file scenario ?

and one more is i didn't find where i have to create data type , msg type and msg interfaces..

moreover i have seen modelling ..i don't knw what is modelling also.

pls tell me how to do file 2 file in PI 7.1 ..

Thanks ,

Laxmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

There is not much difference in the file to file scenario.

The same things as for 2004s

Just that the objects have new names:like message interface is now called service interface

Ultimately you create the same set of objects

Regards,

Divya

Edited by: Divya Nambiar on Apr 7, 2009 11:15 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are configuring simple file to file scenario we can configure by using adavanced adapter enginer concept. This concept is bit different from PI 7.0 version. For more help find below link

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2008/11/19/local-processing-in-the-advanced-adapter-engine-using-pi-71

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My Doubt is in File2File Scenario..Previously I have Learned XI 3.0 and Later i have worked on PI7.0 ..
Now i need to work on PI 7.1 ...

Is there any Difference B/w PI 7.0 and pI 7.1 file2file scenario ?

ESR::

Yes there is a difference once after creating the name space in XI 3.0 SP22 or PI 7.0 defaultly options will be created for interface objects, Mapping , External Definitions,etc but in case of PI 7.1 you need to create each and every object either in ESR or ID anything through wizard and seperately only okay..

I mean after importing SC and creating SCV right click and create Namespace...once it is created activate it and then again right click to create data types by selecting left hand side panel Option Interface Objects...Like that simialrly for all objects.

ID::

Similarly for ID but some difference is here you can create folders through folders concept I mean you can create all yours scenarios in a single folder on ur name as how u create in Windows easily.

Once it is done go down adn creaet Configuration Scenario which is there in Objects tab and then here also right click on Scenario and select repsective objects to create or else With in the Configuration Scenario there are + and - Options once after creating all those objects independently u can add here or else you can add repsective objets directly while configurin how u did in XI but only difference is

*Once the scenario is done you wont get all the default Options like P

Party

Communciation with out Party

Colloboration Agreement

Logical Routings

You can get everything while Right Click adn create and left hand side u can select respective objects and then create what ever u want*.

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

There are many enhancements in PI 7.1, but for your file 2 file scenario it is more or less same. the only few changes are change of name for Message Interface is now service interface, Interface mapping is now operation mapping etc.

pls tell me how to do file 2 file in PI 7.1 ..

In PI 7.1 you can create the objects by clicking on Create Object button on the top left in toolbar, and there is no more grouping of objects in PI 7.1,

Check this blog for more: Using Folders in PI 7.1

/people/william.li/blog/2007/08/07/using-folders-in-pi-71

moreover i have seen modelling ..i don't knw what is modelling also.

[Modeling:-|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9201] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; One of the new features in PI 7.1

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Dhingra on Apr 7, 2009 2:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your Quick reply Sachin...

Thanks,

Laxmi