cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance plan cycle date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I made one maint. plan and saved it. While saving it asked me for the cycle start date. I keyed in 01.04.2009. The cycle period is of 1 month. call horizon is 100% and scheduling period is of 12 month.

There is no offset period maintained.

I thought that system will create order for 01.04.2009 and then will schedule the next call on 01.05.2009. which is not happening. System automatically creates schedule for 01.05.2009

why it is so?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have mentioned the cycle as 1 month. According to system, u r scheduling for the next month...

If u enter the start of cycle today, i will give the cal date (acc. to Horizon) or plan after one month only...

So... try to give the cal date one month before

Like to cal on 1.04.2009... give the start of cycle as 1.03.2009

Hope it will solve ur query

- Pithan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The call object will always come after the cycle length only, if your call horizon is 100%. So, when you start cycle on 01.04.09, it will add up one month and gives you call only after one month. System assumes that you want to start cycle on 01.04 and take call on one month time...so it behaves like that.

So, accordingly you have to adjust..

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks all for your inputs.

I do not think that it is a practical way to assume that the system will create call for next month then accordingly adjust.

There must be a std. way to counter this type of requirement.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

See.. it is the pratical way...

In the industries, you wont create a Plan to work today... they will be scheldule it before.

let me tel u one thing... you will be having lot of plans in the industry, every day n no of orders created, so u will be working for that... it means u have already planned to do some work for tomo... how can u decide a new plan and work to be done on the next day...

Its not possible... your work will be over loaded... so for this reason... SAP has been defined like this...

This is the Standard SAP....

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually Its not the assumption as said earlier(by me)..the system logic is made like that to behave..

Regrds

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restart the plan with start date 01.03.2009.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The start date given is the start of the cycle i.e. last maintenance was carried out on the start date in legacy system. or from when you want to start counting your days

In your case if you had given start date as 1.3.2009 then it would have given you an order on the first.

Regards

Pankaj

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AR1,

In addition to Pithan said above, if you want the call date as required & keeping the same dates as you entered before. In this case maintain call horizon 0%.

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on your scheduling period it creates planned dates for that period these dates are not fixed its only indicative if everything works according to the plan then this is the next planned date. Think this is what we all want to see. But again depending on your confirmation and closing of orders and other scheduling parameters like shift factors, and completion indicator etc your next planned date gets updated whenever you schedule the plan.

Regards

Pankaj