cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel LIV or perform Credit memo/Subsequent Credit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a PO (with commitment from year 2008) that was created in 2008 and LIV in 2009.

But was unable to cancel LIV or perform credit memo/subsequent credit in 2009, error message indicating that budget exceed year 2008 appear.

Is there any way i can proceed to cancel this LIV or do a credit memo?

I have tried to carry the commitment back from 2009 to 2008, still cannot.

Appreciate if any expert can advise, thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please advise how to deactivate the availability, thanks!

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think deactivating availability control is the correct option..try other possibilities as suggested and post the error message so that you may get good solution.

For deactivating availability control use CJBW (PS transaction) and for activating CJBV.

Thanks

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

do you think if re-open the posting period for Jan09 (since this is when the LIV took place), then try to cancel the LIV, will it works?

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot have more than two periods simultaneously in open (one current and one previous). If your fiscal year allows you to post then you can open. If you cancel IV in a period then postings to WBS element will be recorded in that period only.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

can the same project be activate and deactivated for a few times? any impact?

thanks

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can deactivate/ reactivate but it should be yearwise. At time of reactivation I believe there should be enough released budget equal to already spent (assigned value) amount.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone advise the implication of activating and deactivating the availability control?

any impact to the budget/commitment?

thanks

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you deactivate availability control then you can spend as much as you want on purchasing. The released budget and budget have no control on spend amount. When you activate the availability control (yearwise) by that time there should be released budget equal to that of spent amount.

Generally for some projects (specific to particular coding mask) we remove availabity control and for general projects we put it.

Thanks

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried reversal in current period (2009 - MR8M) or credit memo in 2009 options for the IV? I dont think previous year budget will affect cancellation of IV. When you did GR then commitment will become actual on used account assignment. And how much budget exceeded error is coming while cancelling the IV? Is it because of exchange rate variation?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

deactivate the availability control and reverse the LIV and again activate the availability control