Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in Personnel information.

former_member538867
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear consultants,

We change Personnel Info of an Employee such as Title (Miss to Mrs), Marital Status (Single > Married > Divorced or Widow.) Name after marriage, Date of Marriage etc. When we save the record, system only saves the new record but the privious information is wiped out. How can I see the track of previous changes in this information?

Is all the Information from the Date of Joining / Birth of the employee is retained or deleted or delimited?

Regards

Bindumadhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think this is due to Time consraint V_T582A

if an employee is married we say Marrried this will happen only once in life so TC 1

when i was in project my manager asked how man G\F do u have i said TC 01 is applicable to Family Members and life partner (just Kidding )

But wht is the procedure followed when there is an option to marry more than once as Personal data is TC 01 and is defaulted

any Clues

Edited by: Sikindar on Apr 7, 2009 1:06 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copy the current record by giving date as per your requirement and input data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How are u changing? Do not overwrite the old record. Delimit the old record and create a new record with a new date (ie from the date the change is effective). This will ensure that historical records are preserved in the system.

Cheers!

Sashi

former_member538867
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Many thanx for your prompt reply,

as suggested by Dilek - I tried to Copy the Pers Data IT, changed & saved but System says "This deletes a record" & in fact the prior data was lost.

This must be due to Time constr = 1 as suggested by Sikinder. When I refered to table V_T582A, I found TC of IT 0002 = 1 & as the field was grayed I could not change it.

As suggested by Shashi, When I tried to delimit IT 0002, System said "Operation 'Delimit' is not planned for IT 0002".

How to change TC for IT 0002? OR How to plan operation Delimit for IT 0002? This would resolve the issue.

Regards

Bindumadhav

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check V_T588D for ur hiring action u shd not use LIS9 for the infotype which are TC 1 use COP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You'd better copy the existing Personnel data (0002) infotype and make the modifications in the new record, remaining the original record unchanged.

Regards,

Dİlek