cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know that what is Challan and how to use that?

There is also a utility for that Challan Utility, i want to know why it is used and how?

Thanks & Regards,

Esha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

Challan is used for the payment made by the employer to the government on behalf of employee.

For Example- Employer collect the tax for the month frm alll employee and cubmit to the government by challan.

Challan mapping utility is to map the challan to the those employee who has paid tax under that challan.

And How - It will maintain an entry for challan then create one entry for the employee with his tax details for the month and challan details.

The same will b reported on Form 16 Page 3 also.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Address is coming in the text file and Add1, Add2 is also maintained in the IT0006, but still it giving me the error.

One more issue is there while executing the Tcode PC00_M40_CAMP in the step 2 where TAN no. is given and then moving towards the Step 3 at the above screen in front of Step 2 --> ENTER TAN its showing Personnel No. Mapped --> 0 , Personnel no. partially mapped --> 0. I want to know that is it Ok or it should show me some figures.

Regards,

Esha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

The error is because of the 2nd line (batch header Record) column 35. U have to maintain the address of the pernr which u r mentioning for person responsible in teh user parameter.

For second query-

After entering the TAN No., No of mapped , unmapped employee is coming zero becaz u have not

mapped any employee till now under that TAN No.

This statitics is coming from T7INTE table (As i mentioned in my last reply also). And this will be

correct statitics.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii Praveen,

Thanks for your quick reply, i was following the same steps but while following the same when i tried to validate the e-file its throwing me the error that " Person Responsible Address1 is mandatory ".

Please guide me regarding this.

Thanks & Regards,

Esha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Efile pls check line 1 . You can edit the Text file generated and add address of the employee responsible for signing which you give while generating f24.

You can add the address in It0006 for the employee and regenerate the file or edit the file genetrated

and add the address 1, addrs 2 .... in the postion shown and revalidate the file

Regards

Hemant V. Mahale

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Esha,

If u have access of service.sap then u cn check the service.sap.com/hrin that is India Payroll country page. There u wil get the media center and key document under that. Here u can get a doc for challan mapping. It will explain u the step by step process to perform the mapping.

Meanwhile i will explain the step by step to explain u the same breifly.

Step-1

enter the payroll area/s and period of the mapping.

select whether regular/offcycle run.

Step-2

enter the TAN No. for which u want to perform the mapping.

Step-3

Enter the challan details

Step-4

Enter the selection parameter.Plz note that decision parameter u have maintained in feature 40EPF will be mandatory here.

now when u will execute it, u wil get the challan details on left side and deductee details on the right

side. select the challan and employee/s which u wnt to map to that challan. there will be a arrow key (directing frm left to right) to map the employee. Now click on that, status will b turned to green.

Now goto save and save it. It will update the PCL4 cluster accordingly with the challan and deducteedetils as wel as T7INTE with the statitics of the mapped, unmapped and zero tax employees.

Let me know if still u r facing any issue on this.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Income Tax Challan :-

The Total of employee wise Tax deducted for every month with the bifurcation of surcharge and eductaion cess is deposited to the Income Tax authority by means of a Challan

The challan details contains the challan no, Tax deposit Date , BSR code for Bank.

In SAP the month wise details of each employee with the bifurcation of Surcharge , if any and eductaion cess is maintained in an Challan utility program PC00_M40_CMAP.

The challan amts are maintained every Qtry as per the f24Q and these challans details are used in form16 for the FY which shows month wise Tax details of challan in f16

Regards

Hemant V. Mahale