cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - hard coded text translation using 'SSFRT_READ_TEXT'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an invoice smartform in which some texts have been hard coded in English. I am issuing this form in VF03 using an output type maintained in French language. Hence the french translations of the hard coded texts are obtained using 'SSFRT_READ_TEXT' function module during smartform processing.

This function module is in turn fetching the texts from 'STXFTXT' table.

I want to change french translations for two hard coded texts.

Can anyone please tell me how to do this.

Thanks in Advance,

Priyanka.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

goto se63->translation->abapobject->other longtext-> FS forms and styles->SSF sap smartforms

in the follwoing screen give the smartform name and the source language and target language. in here you can see all hardcoded texts.

for transporting the changes run RS_LXE_RECORD_TORDER.

hope this solves your problem.

thanks,

anupama.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My problem has been solved after making some BASIS settings.

The below link has all the details about the settings to be applied.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ad/06dcf4c4be11d291c70000e8a5f6e6/frameset.htm

Kind Regards,

Priyanka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My smartform is in English language and under Translate tab "To All Languages" is selected.

In SE63 when I give source 'FR' and target 'EN', the text in FR is greyed out / disabled and changes can only be made in the EN language texts. I want to modify the french texts.

Please help.

Kind Regards,

Priyanka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deep!

But on SE63 screen the source language has to be 'EN' and target language 'FR'. But when I give them along with my form name I am getting "Incorrect code page" error.

It is working with source 'FR' and target 'EN' but not the other way around.

Why am I getting this error?

Kind Regards,

Priyanka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first click on the source target language button after entering the form name and languages. if the form is in english there should not be any problem... i guess. in smartform check weather the english language is selected or not in the language options.

thanks,

anupama.