cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display error message in Popup window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have main view and when I click button I opened new pop up window.

I have some validation for the form in pop up window. I want to display the error message in pop up window.

Please let me know how to get it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mami,

Is is very difficulty to request focus to the POP window..in our case we are trying lot of time ..but we are not success to display massage in pop window.

you will put TEXTView in you pop window where you want to display massage in you POPWINDOW.

and Create one context value Attribute as Massage

Value Attribute-----ErrMassage.

ErrMassage Attribute set your Text property of TEXTVIEW UI Element.

If(your condition is TRUE){

//Excute Your code perfectly.

}

else

{

wdContext.currentContextElement().setErrMassage("Please provide proper name");

}

In this way we were this massage showing in our popwindow..

thanks

jati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick response

I tried by placing MessageArea UI element and I got the message in pop up window. But If I have the MessageArea UI element in Main view then all message related to pop up window also are going to Main view only.

Please let me know how to solve this

Thanks

matteo_fusi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have more than one message area available the oldest one (first created) will be used with the following prerequisites:

1. The msgarea belongs to the layout of a view that in turn belongs to the current view assembly

2. The msgarea is enabled (manually set or bound to a read-only boolean context attr with true value).

3. The visibility is neither set to NONE or BLANK nor bound, except to a read-only context attribute of value VISIBLE.

disable the first one before opening the window.

Regards

Matteo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have a Message Area in the main View then all the messages related to this Main view will only be displayed in that Message Area.

Ur pop up view is an independent view so all the messages in this popup view will be displayed in the message area defined in the layout of the PopUp view.

I guess you have written the code to close the window in the same action where you are displaying the message . So plesae change the code accordingly.

Jithin

Edited by: jithin james on Apr 7, 2009 11:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matteo. It works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error popups are annoying for the user, therefore Web Dynpro offers MessageArea instead.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use MessageArea Ui element in popupwindow view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

there is MessageArea UI availble , place that in your Pop Up window.

you can view the erro messages .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a message area in the pop up view.

Jithin