cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

My Scenario is after the creation of document it should go to the manager along with the document for approval.

Now how can i do it...PLs help

Kind regards

Sajid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sajid,

You need to activate workflow(DMS Related) in SPRO, once you activate workflow event linkage will be activated. now create a workflow task using transaction SWDD and use BO DRAW and triggering event Document Created to trigger workflow.

in workflow definition you will have to do binding for getting document number from the table draw.

Regards

Bhuwan C Tiwari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can used DIR distribute function

former_member224273
Participant
0 Kudos

I have one doubts, this distribuition is only for information or he could be able to make the changes in the statuses.please respnse it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shaik,

The company I am working with chose to use Notifications with Items and Tasks to track the review, comment, and approval process for documents. It also requires workflow for the Notification tasks but provides a tracking system for each step in the process. It is similiar to what engineering change mgt would do but allows a bit more flexibility.

The document DIR is added as an object link to the notification documents section and then tasks are added with responsible people for needed actions on the life cycle of a document(s).

After final approval, the standard SAP Doc Distribution is used to notify people with a need to know the new documents are available.

If you would like more info please let me know...

Regards,

Bill

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sajid

You will have to configure workflows with help of ABAP Person.

Explain him what your Business process is such as what are stages of approval for document and who is going to approve the document in this various stages.

Based on the combination of Status and User ( May be Position in HR or user ) we can trigeer workflow to the particular person.

With regards

Mangesh Pande

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am an Abapper & i know workflow (not worked much but i can do it) ....can u pls guide in terms of steps how to do it taking any similar scenario as an example......

Kind regards

Sajid

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid

Good to know that you are ABAP Consultant.

You need to link application like DIR creation (Trx cv01n) and the workflow which you have designed so that whenever DIR is created you workflow will get triggred. and further you cansend you mail thru a step send mail in workflow.

You need to design a wokflow which has sendmail step having managers email id.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande