Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimport RFC Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all,

Here is the scenario,

I have two Development Components. One component contain the Model, the other contain the original component(i.e. iviews,windows,... ). I have changed the model in r/3 by adding new fields. Then I reimported the model in NWDS. the changes was reflected fine in the Model Component, but in the orginal component there were no changes reflected!

do i need to do any thing in the original component to the changes??

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think u should build the dc(used dc) containing model.

This will make the changes to appear in original dc too(using dc).

If some changes are done in the model at the backend, then restart of the server is required because

--->during import the data from the backend will be stored in the Cache of the server and will be made available in your model too, so when you do reimport the data will be again getloaded from the Cache instead of being loaded from backend.

But if server is restarted, Cahche will be flushed and the Latest data from the Backeend will be loaded in to the Cache and will be made available in your model.

Hope build or restart shall help you.

Thanks n Regards,

Archana

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We always facing this problem whilw reimporting the RFC.So before doing the reimport first you have to sync the DC and it will automatically synched with used dc. then try to reimport the RFC.

Afterthat it always recommended, you need to restart the j2ee engine. Basically some of the changes not affected without restarting the server.

Thanks

Kanai

Former Member
0 Kudos

after reimport the model u need to restart thje J@ee engine and also synchoronize the used dc's as part your dc's so that it may reflect in your DC,

Cheers,

Apparao

Former Member
0 Kudos

if still data is not coming you can try following two otion....

1. go to portal in there will be webdynpro tab click on it in left there will be option of clear catche...click on it it will ask for two jco connection that you use give the name and clear catche......

2. if still problem not solve restart the j2ee engine...it will work.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rumi,

Sometime after reimoprted RFc and restart the SAP J2ee SERver .it will reflected your Model controller but still previous value are stored in your Cashe of j2ee server...then you have to keep patience to refresh the cashe of J2ee server...all thse thing will visible in your controller but actually it will not reflected in your server side.

so that it will not getting Updated RFc value.

Thanks

jati

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

The best option would be, after you have reimported the model, just create a modeled node and add it to the interface controller. Add the interface controller as the puiblic part.

I guess you would have already done this earlier to use this model in the actuall component. If yes then remove the earlier interface controller from the public part and then add it again. This will ensure that the newly added interface controller is haing all the new changes in its structure.

Now go to the actuall component. Delete the model component from the used component and add it again. This will bring in all the new changes whatever you have done in the new model reimport.

I hope this solves the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right Click on the component controller and go to the data modeler property.

Then map all the attribute from Mdel to Component controller whatever required.Then map those component controller attribute to view controller and then assign the value in view layout field.

Thanks

Kanai