cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identity Management - Simulater

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

1.Is there any Simulator available for SAP Identity Management.

(Technology consultant where i coldnot find the simulater. Onlt pdf files available).

2. I want to know the installation flow of the IDM

we panned to test - ( S - Demo/development system ).I have red the installation overview document.

I would like to clarify like the

Does the NW7.0 sp14 or (EHP1)NW CE71.installation is normal installtion or we have to do some steps for identity management?.

Thanks

Thirumalai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thirumalai,

Not sure what you mean by a simulator. You would need to reach out to SAP about getting the required NetWeaver components to evaluate or test the product.

Basically, you will need (for NW IDM 7.1)

NetWeaver 7.0

NW IDM 7.1

Database (Oracle 10 or MS SQL 2005)

JDBC drivers for your chosen database

NW IDM comes with documentation that discusses how it should be installed and some basic tutorials on setting up common workflows and use cases.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response.

After the installtion of IDM 7.1.

1)I want to know steps to do the Test cases and workflows.

My IDM 7.1 planned system is like -> NW 7.0 SP14 , DB, UI, MC, and RT in demo system(single system).

I plan to use a ERP 6.0 as remote system.

How many minimum system required to setup IDM 7.1. Pleae correct me above my systems requirements are wrong.

2).And What is Identity Virtualization and Data synchronization in Identity management?.

Thanks

Thirumal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thirumal,

1)I want to know steps to do the Test cases and workflows.

My IDM 7.1 planned system is like -> NW 7.0 SP14 , DB, UI, MC, and RT in demo system(single system).

I plan to use a ERP 6.0 as remote system.

There are tutorials included with the product that will help you set up some basic provisioning scenarios. Beyond that, you'll need to setup what ever it is you'll need to support in your organization.

The system setup will work fine in the lab. Just make sure you have lots of disk space and RAM. NetWeaver itself requires a lot of resources.

2).And What is Identity Virtualization and Data synchronization in Identity management?.

Tutorials exist for these as well that will introduce you to the basics. Again, you'll need to start thinking about what you need to support in your organization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt.

I red couple of tutorials in the SDN. But I couldnot get concreate information. anyway i will go through all the document once again.

Also I want to do the CUA migration,. (Migration from CUA to IDM 7.1).

1)Please provide the CUA to IDM migration document /document link.

2) R and D purpose -> we plan to setup CUA first (Between SAP NW7.0 SP14 and EPR). then we planned to migrate from CUA to IDM 7.1. Is there any addional SAP system required to migrate IDM 7.1. ?. or these two systems (Nw7.0 sp14 and ERP) are enough to do the IDM 7.1 migration. ?

Please clarify.

Regards

Thirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thirumalai,

There are no official migration documents at this time.

I do not understand why you would set up CUA first and then migrate. This is just extra work. If you plan to end up on IdM then there is no reason to begin with CUA.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt Kangas ,

Thanks for the information..

I understant that for new customers we can implement IDM following with installtion document.

But company requirement is CUA migration.

We want to migrate the CUA to IDM 7.0 for our customers. before that we wanted to test the same in our system. Hence we wanted to implement the CUA in our system and need to check it out.

.For exiting CUA customers. How to proceed the CUA Migration.   Example my Customer has CUA implemented, Monitoring 5 Abap systems and through LDAP Java system(EP) users also syncrhonized

1.Above my Customer Scenario please provide the steps to do the CUA migration.

2. Please confirm Does IDM 7.0 would Support Windows 2008/SQL 2008?.

Thanks

Thirumal.

Edited by: Thirumalai Malai on May 13, 2009 4:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiThirumalai,

A CUA migration to IdM is very straightforward. Just create the tasks in IdM that provision the ABAP system(s) that CUA is provisioning. Once the tasks are tested to satisfaction, shut off the CUA provisioning and go live with the IdM provisioning. IdM can even be connected to the CUA system if you wish.

>2. Please confirm Does IDM 7.0 would Support Windows 2008/SQL 2008?.

Do you mean support as a DB platform for IdM, or as a connected system? IdM 7.0 only runs on SQL Server 2005 (or Oracle, see the PAM) on Windows Server 2003. Connecting and provisioning to SQL Server 2008 is no problem. I do not know what you mean by Windows 2008, as one wouldn't provision there (but to AD).

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the support. I checked in PAM It says only Operating system Windows 2003

Operating System Version Status Date System Status Remarks 
*WINDOWS SERVER 2003/IA32 32BIT  Released  15.07.2007*

IdM 7.0 only runs on SQL Server 2005 (or Oracle, see the PAM) on Windows Server 2003

You mean that

1.It is not possible to install the IDM 7.0 on SQL Server 2005 on Windows 2008 (X64 platform) server. . ?

2. Also Please confirm me . Is it possible to install the IDM 7.0 on Windows server 2003 (X64 platform).?

Thanks

Thirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thirumal,

>1.It is not possible to install the IDM 7.0 on SQL Server 2005 on Windows 2008 (X64 platform) server. . ?

Just as the PAM shows, it is not supported.

>2. Also Please confirm me . Is it possible to install the IDM 7.0 on Windows server 2003 (X64 platform).?

Yes (but it runs in 32-bit mode).

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks