cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Template Properties are getting changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

iam getting a problem with the display templates when after moving the data from one server to another actually my problem is display template propertis are getting changed after moving the data like actual template text colur is black and font bold but it got changed to white and plain.

is any data access properties need to change here for this..

please help me regarding this.

Thanks in Advance

Apsara Shaik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apsara,

As far to my knowledge it wont change.

Test display template directly from workbench.Clear console once and check.

Also check in your webpage code, whether applet is pointing to correct path.

Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi padma,

thanks for your reply here am using 11.5 version and after moving the data i reastared the server ,cleard the cache and checked in dynamic page generator but i c the same problem in the Applet

Regards,

Apsara Shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

when u do check in dynamic page generator are u getting any console error??? Can u create new display template for the same and check..

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apparently the two servers involved were not setup the same way during installation, see step 14: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Getting_Started/Installing_SAP_xMII.htm

You can confirm this in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP xMII\CMS\11.5\TEMPLATE_STYLE

In 11.5 display templates only saved the differences from the Default, but in your case it would appear that the defaults don't match.

Look in the C:\Lighthammer\Illuminator\Templates\Defaults folder and compare the iChart, iGrid, etc. templates. There will also be 3 sub folders in this location, each relating to their respective installation theme, and if you copy the 3 or more templates from the appropriate sub folder into the root Defaults folder and restart ServletExec-xMII you will be able to convert the one server to match the other.

Please note that this will impact all existing display template content on the server!!

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your valueble answer it solved my problem.

Thanks,

Apsara Shaik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If problem with display template then dynamically set display propertis in the page...where ever you move the code properties won't change..

Thanks

Ramesh choudary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh, that is not completely true. All display templates render from the default theme. If different servers have different default themes, then they absolutely will render differently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan Miller,

I have used dynamic setting parameters html/irpt pages..in my projects...where ever u move the pages(Server from Sandbix -

> QA -

Production) is workin fine...

I m maintaning display template properties..in seperate js file which is included in the html pages.

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but do your servers all use the same default templates?

Just for kicks and giggles, why don't you move the files from the Style3 folder to the Defaults folder.

Unless you are dynamically setting ALL display template properties in your JS file, you'll see a difference.