Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding rejection of material from vendor

former_member1269942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

My scenario is like this

My semi finished material is come from vendor after that i put that material on production after doing all process production done the GR for that material as finished goods. This material goes into quality and here I come to know that the material is rejecting because of vendor. But the GR is done on finished material code so I have to do the material to material transfer by movement type 309. And then reject the material on vendor coz Material code for vendor material is different and material code after production is different

I want to ask is their any other process to map this scenario

Regards

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sachin

Let's consider that your Fiished Material code is Y where vendor material code is X,

But when you are sending material back to vendor then it should be X and not the Y.As per your explaination it seems that you are Transfering M To M by Mvt Type 309.But what happen to the material when it is processed .....are you adding few more components to it or processing/treating it chemically.

If so then it may not feasible to do 309 mvt type.This is just my understanding...

Another way to look at this is You can trnsfer this material back to Issue store by MB1B 311 mvt type.

from here you can send this material bck to vendor(This all is possible by X and need not to be Y)

try this .........

Sujit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

1) By doing 262 movement type it increases stock in Unrestricted but at the same time you are reissuing again against the order . So there is no changes in the stock

2) There will not be any decrease in the GR stock .

3) The process you mentioned should work with X and V.I have not tested

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

You have to maintain an inspection plan for 08 if you need to do the RR and UD.

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

please check this scenario.

1) maintain the semifinished product as Bill of material for your final product

2) Now in quality you reject the final product material and do the stock posting to block

3) Reverse faulty material (vendor material) using Tcode MB1A u2013 262 movement type against the production order

4) Vendor material will comeback to unrestricted and move this stock to block using MB1B movement type

5) Reissue new material (vendor material) to the production order .

6) Move the final product back from block to quality using 349 movement type. Make sure that you have activated 08 inspection type to your final product. This will give you another lot for rechecking and you can post to unrestriced stock

7) vendor material which is block you can do the return delivery using movement type 122.

hope this helps

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Do we need to maintain an inspection plan to carry the inspection with type ' 08 ' for the material or can directly add characteristics in the lot and inspect

Regards

Sravan

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gajesh,

Well, there are few doubts,

1. By 262 movement the stock of material X (Vendor supplied material) will increase for sure.

2. How the finished goods stock will decrease? It should be.

3. What I have understood the scenario is

a. Component X got attached to Y. (Y is finished product)

b. GR creation for Y.

c. Letu2019s say 1unit of X is required to manufacture 1 unit of Y.

d. With 100 Ys productions, 100 Xs have to be consumed.

e. 80Y are okay, 20Y are rejected.

4. Can we work out the exercise with following solution?

Just correct me if anything goes wrong,

a. Inspection lot is created for 100Y after production GR.

b. Transfer 20 rejected Y to another storage location (QA32 unrestricted use)

c. Transfer 80 okay Y to default storage location where GR has been done.

d. Create salvage order (order type can be customized) without material.

e. 20 Y will be consumed to this order by 261 with stock of 20X by 531 movement.

f. Once the stock for X comes by 531 movement that can be sent back to vendor through 122 movement.

The only worrying point is the procurement type for material X in MRP2 view and price control indicator in accounting 1 view. Can we have procurement type X (both) with price indicator as V for 531 movement to occur?

Regards,

Anand Rao