cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation of Operation with date and time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of Production order - oprn confirmation.

Users wants to use BAR CODE Scanner to capture operation start and operation finish date and time.the system should use the above confirmation data to calculate actual cost and also cumulative time .

As currently in ECC 6 the cost is calculated only for Cumulative activity values.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Let me give you some more detailed information so that you all can have clear focus on my requirement.

1.Printing of Bar code for each operation using confirmation number on Production order allready available in form.

2.User can scan the bar code on production order to choose the required oprn via confirmation number.

3. Rest all data by default will be copied to confirmation screen such as Yield qty,current date and time ,How ever user will have the option to modify the data before save the confirmation.

4.Upto above is fine,Now my question is which transaction user need to perform for confirmation of oprn so that the operation start and finish date and time will be captured and costed during saving the confirmation ,at the same time any way to reflect the cumulative time in any one of Activity field(say processing time field.

Hope now more clear.

I know std SAP does not have costing feature for date and time users key in ,but are there any BAPI tools or User Exit.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Print the barocde on the operation sheet for the confirmation number, and check the CO19 t code for the confirmaiton. i don't know how CO19 will work but i think this can slove the requirement. Like u scan the confimation number and select the activity u have to do by selecting radio button in CO19.

regards

ramakant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is complex and it requires customization.

One possible way of mapping the scenario in SAP is to make a hard copy of barcode and this should travel with the material being produced.

During the start of an operation activity you generate one bar code which contains material no,operation no., activity, production order number, date and time. Every time you start an activity you generate the bar code and take print out.(Operation activity start of next operation activity acts as finish time of previous operation activity).

For confirmations, Barcode must be scanned and data it contains is stored in one folder in the barcode computer.

Write an ABAP program which will scan this folder and call the production order confirmation transaction in the SAP system which will confirm the order by capturing the required data from the folder and populating required field in the confirmation transaction.And the program must also calculate the activity duration as, start time of operation activity - start time of next operation activity = operation activity duration. (Program must also include the operation line item numbers for calculation of duration)

Error messages if any occurs during the confirmation of particular order must be moved to other folder. If you want this error correction is also must be automated then write one more ABAP program ( this will be very tedious task) or let the concerned user access the error table and take a correct decision manually.

Write one more program to move these corrected orders to move into SAP system for the confirmation.

This is what I was thinking and there may be changes involved. Check with your technical consultant and other consultants and give the feed back.

Pavan

Edited by: Pavanakumar on Apr 7, 2009 12:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramachandhra...

Can you please post what is your requirement....

karthick

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First the requirement looks very complex.

1. Also as u mention that you need to scan the operation start date time and also finish date,time.

For this first we need to have the printed barcode label - will the user be able to generate this????

2. in case if he is not generating the same then we have to develop abap objects to this conversion.??

3. Also in SAP operation confirmation is done agains quanity and based on some activity - so the difference between the start and finsih is to be calculated and converted to an activity and then later posted- so such conversion are also to be done.( such kind of activites will consume more time in abap processing)

3. Later the information required to post the operation confirmation like order no, operation no etc shoud be made available inthe printed barcode label format.

so better just do a detailed analysis and better explain the complexity of this development on item wise.