cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Plan and Inspection in Routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

I have maintained inspection plan for a material with both qualitative and quantitative MICs. Do I also need to maintain inspection plan in routing?

Pls help

Thanks

sangeeta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sangeeta,

I think you want to inspection only for material level then it's OK, no need maintain inspection plan for Routine level. Routine level inspection plan maintanance is require only when you want to inspect it on operation/phase level.

Parminder

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

Please give an answer and close this thread with giving points.....

if need any more clarification, post it also......

....partha mukherjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha

I did not undrstand what did you mean by " you have to maintain the usage of that task list ( type Q) in the header". Will u explain it pls? Header of which task list? In routing, task list type is N

I maintained inspection plan seperately and though , it a semi finished material, still , I kept the the origin as 04.

If I also keep inspection plan in routing ( along with maintaining inspection plan), I had to confirm the order again for the inspection plan operation, apart from clearing the lot from qa32.

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

So, you are using lot origin 04 ; you are doing inspection after production.

In that case maintain inspection plan (QP01) for that material with usage 5 ( goods receipt) in the header ( like in the routing, you maintain the usage is 1 : production.)....

dont maintain inspection parameters ( MICs) in the routing as it will not work. As you are doing 04 type inspection, when you are doing MB31 ( GR od production order) , system will call inspection plan, not the routing, so lot will be created ( as the material has the inspection type 04 in its material master) but the lot status will be CRTD.

Kindly revert back with your query, if any.

....partha mukherjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha

I confirm production order through CO11N. With the confirmation of order lot is getting created for the confirmed quantity in QA32. But lot status is CRTD, not REL. This is my problem. Can you tell me how can I get lot as REL and not CRTD?

That will make me able to maintain result recording etc and I can clear the lot from qa32.

Pls answer

Thanks

sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

Just Copy the Lot in QA32 and Use this Tcode QA02 (Change Inspection lot)

There you can see the Insp.specification Tab, in that check whether the Specification are assigned.

if not click on tasklist/specification , then it will assign auto.if you already created either material specification or Inspection plan.it depends what are the settings you have selected in material master for this inspection type.

Hope this will answer

regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeetha,

Please follow the same content what I have mentioned in your another thread.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the followings

1.the inspection plan of that material is having the usage 5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the followings

1.the inspection plan of that material is having the usage 5.

2.the valid from date of the insepction plan.

3. the inspection type 04 in the material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

When I am trying to change the usage, from 1 to 5, the status bar is giving me the message that no specification is assignd. whn I am am clicking on task list/ spec, the system assigned th plan, then with usage 5 , I saved the lot. then I got released status. But this is a manual process. Why cant I get release status with the confirmation of order in co11n?

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sangeeta,

please check the "automatic assignment " option of that inspection type is ticked or not.

.....partha mukherjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

AutoMatic assignment will be done if in Material master ->QM view> select Inspection type 04-->

Click the Detiled view of Inspection type -

> Check Auto assignment and Task list Check Boxes are ticked or not.

If not, Select those check boxes( You Can read the Help for those Check boxes by pressing F1)

Now onwards on confirmation and GR inspection lot will be created with rel status.

Check and revert back

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

Thanks a lot you all!!!

My problem is solved!

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeeta,

you are mixing inspection plan and routing ; both are different type task list and used for different purpose. Could you please where do you want to carry out inspection ?....

Please go through below potion....

1. if you want to carry out inprocess inspection, maintain all those inspection parameters ( MICs....irrespective of whether they are Qualitative or Quantitative ) in routing of that material. The reason is, the routing is a task list of N and it is called and get copied into Production order.

2. Except 03 (inprocess inspection) , for all other inspection, you need to maintain inspection plan for that material and depending on the inspection type , you have to maintain the usage of that task list ( type Q) in the header.

Hope it will clear yourself.

....Partha Mukherjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you have to..

An inspection characteristic describes what is to be inspected, that is, the inspection requirements for materials, parts, and products. To simplify and standardize inspection planning, you can define master inspection characteristics that you can use in various task lists

For Quantitative and Qualitative.... If you use a control key, for which the "fixed" indicator is set in Customizing, you cannot change the indicator for the characteristic type. In addition, you cannot delete this indicator or enter another control key.

Karthick