SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of Measure Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have defines two Unit of measure of an Article.

1 PAC = 3 EA.

Base Unit = EA

Order Unit = PAC

Delivery / Issue Unit = PAC

Sales Unit = EA.

We have a scenario where we always order to a Vendor in PAC.

However the Vendor returns open PAC ie in EA. So we can create a Return to Vendor for 1 EA but in PO it is created for 0.333 PAC. During Goods Receipt for return we can see that it is for 0.333 PAC = 0.999 EA. Due to this rounding there is a situation where the stock takes a decimal value between 0.999 u2013 0.001. MAP is calculated by Total Value / Total Stock. Now when the total stock is e.g. 0.001, a very high value of MAP is saved.

We then have to go and manually change the value using MR21.

Is there any way we can solve this problem. Can we have something like we order in PAC and return in EA, can we define UoM like this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the article master, go to Purchasing view, under General data for each vendor section, Var. Order Unit = 1.

This will allow you to create any PO (both normal and return) with an order unit that is different from what you've defined in Basic view.

Hopefully, this would help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the article master, go to Purchasing view, under General data for each vendor section, Var. Order Unit = 1.

This will allow you to create any PO (both normal and return) with an order unit that is different from what you've defined in Basic view.

Hopefully, this would help.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, the solution works.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Vitthavat,

The solution you gave works fine.

But i want to implement in only for a particular Document type.

Say eg I want to have my order unit as only PAC in my PO, but i want to allow order unir EA & PAC in Returns to Vendor.

Is this possible.

Thanks for your help