cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I18N : Translation to Japanese : S2X editor does not accept Japanese char

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to translate an WDJ application to Japanese. I have set the project resource encoding to UTF-8 and also changed the jp xlf file encoding to UTF-8.

When I enter the characters in s2x editor and click save , it reverts back to English characters.

Is there any specific settings to be made ?

Could anyone help me with this. ?

Thanks

Bharathwaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj and all

You can use EasyXLF ([www.easyxlf.com]), an alternative editor for XLF files which not only handles Japanese and all kinds of other unicode characters, but also provides a bunch of other useful features for translating XLF files.

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Product bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

even i have the same problem.i am using nwds 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

When you open the xlf file in S2X Editor in NWDS, it is a multi-page editor with two tabs.

In the Header tab, there is a dropdown for Source Language, select it to be for Japanese language.

You will need to save the changes, Reload & Rebuild the project.

Hope this solves your issue.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

PS: SAP NetWeaver Library http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/db/f2674039c6c549e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Apr 7, 2009 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply. I cannot do it as I cannot choose the language.

For one it seems to pick these details from the project settings. And for other languages it works seamlessly without changing this .

Any ideas what might be wrong here.

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

which release are you on?

If you cannot change the language in the S2X-editor, open the file with a Text editor and change the source language directly in the file. After a rebuild the respective language should also be displayed in the S2X editor and should accept the characters.

kind regards

Stefanie