Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPDD / SPAU

former_member207153
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working for an upgrade project from 4.6C to ECC 6.0. I need some clarifications regarding use of SPDD.

im intend to clear certain database before proceed with SPDD using new z program, can i execute this z program before SPDD completed? please kindly help.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207153
Participant
0 Kudos

case close

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check below link its fine for spau

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/erp6/spau+corrections

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudy,

Usually SPDD phase comes in the middle of upgrade.

Start of upgrade -> SPDD (During upgrade) -> Completion of upgrade -> SPAU adjustments -> ABAP Remediation (Fixing unicode & upgrade errors).

Please tell me some information in which system you need to refresh the data.

Usually the copy of the 4.6c system was taken and upgradtion will be done with this copy.

So if you change anything in 4.6c after start of upgrade you need to manually transport the changes to the new system.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Rakesh.

former_member207153
Participant
0 Kudos

i have another question.

1. During tech upgrade , basis choose "Continue" instead of choosing "Adjustment completed" .

should we do this SPDD during techncl upgrade process? or do this later after techncl upgrade?

2. if techncl upgrade completed with latest patches, SPDD function still shown list several objects.

Next we do some object adjustment (reset to original or adjustment modification) in SPDD / SPAU ; save into transport number and release this transport.

what next process to bring this into other client beside client 000? i.e client 128.

please adv.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudy,

To the first point it is not suggestable to do any clean from the database in between an upgrade.You do it before upgrade and may be after you complete.

1. During tech upgrade , basis choose "Continue" instead of choosing "Adjustment completed" .

should we do this SPDD during techncl upgrade process? or do this later after techncl upgrade?

You should do the SPDD in the middle of the upgrade when upgrade prompt for the same when you have taken the downtime minimized method.if not then you will find errors in the phase ACT_700.

You can do the SPAU after the upgade without issues.

There is no need for the change movement to client 128.

Regards

Ashok

former_member207153
Participant
0 Kudos

While modify object in client 000 using SPAU, should we release transport all modified object into client 128?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nor required.These are repository objects and will be effective in all clients.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudy,

First finish modification/adjustments using spdd/spau. After finishing all mod/adjustments then only you should release the TR.

Regards

Arani Bhaskar

former_member207153
Participant
0 Kudos

after upgrade process comlete, everytime we trigger any tcode , i notice all necessary object being compile by system during the process, what is actually happen here? is something wrong with upgrade process?

0 Kudos

Hi Rudy,

Have you guys performed the post upgrade steps required? One of the steps required is to execute t-code SGEN. This will regenerate most of the ABAPs and prevent from screens compiling on every execution. Hope this helps.

former_member207153
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks so much , when i went into SGEN function, there is 7 bullet point available to choose with, current bullet point located at third option as "Regenerate the objects of the last run", and info message appear on footnote saying that several objects still need to be generated , should i leave this option and proceed with "Continue" ?

as best practice post upgrade process, could you kindly adv which option that i should proceed within SGEN ?

related with SPDD, if i decide to proceed with "reset to original" option , what is the next step after this?

should i proceed with "completed" status and continue with "activate" object?

0 Kudos

Hi Rudy,

Since u completed the upgrade, u should select option 2: Regenerate after an SAP Upgrade.

Rgds

former_member207153
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the different between SCC4 and SPAU/ SPDD function ?

is it true that during the upgrade , we didnt have to bring object from old system to new system , but instead using SCC4?

please adv. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudy,

Its not true, we have to bring objects from old system to new system.

In a single server, for different clients we can go for SCC transactions.

My sincere advice is, please raise your project related issues.

Regards

Arani Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the different between SCC4 and SPAU/ SPDD function ?

is it true that during the upgrade , we didnt have to bring object from old system to new system , but instead using SCC4?

Hi Rudy,

SCC4 is the Client Administration view. The only case that you will need it during the upgrade is to allow changes to client 000 during SPDD. SCC4 has absolutely nothing to do with actually transporting objects. If you plan to transport objects from the old release to the new one, you must use STMS. But please be very careful when transporting objects between different releases of an SAP system.

SPDD is used to display and adjust the modified DDIC objects. You must process these objects ("Reset to Original" or "Adjust") as soon as you reach the upgrade phase ACT_< target release >. Once you're done adjusting the objects, you choose "Repository ok". The upgrade phase ACT activates then all the objects of your system.

SPAU is used to display and adjust the modified DE objects of the system. The phase SPAUINFO is one of the last Post Processing phases of the technical upgrade. There is a message explaining that, if you want to use the result of the adjustments for a subsequent system, you must not continue. In that case, we just exit SAPup or leave it waiting for an input. As soon as the adjustment is done for ALL objects listed in SPAU, you go back to SAPup again and choose "Adjustments completed".

Your basis consultant choose "Continue" which means that the result of the adjustments won't be used during the technical upgrade of a subsequent system. This has also been the case in almost all the upgrades I've performed myself.

Regards,

Constantina

former_member207153
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. i notice when i trigger SGEN , i notice the option bullet point to option no.2.

and i notice from GENSETC table , all records without any 'I'nitial status.

is this mean that i should trigger this option even GENSETC table didnt shown any outstanding Initial status ?

2. Why everytime i trigger some transaction , it still doing some compilation process [shown on bottom of the screen] even GENSETC didnt shown any outstanding Initial records to process with.

how to avoid this process everytime i trigger tcode?

please help.