Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure LDAP Connection to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm synchronizing all SAP users data from SAP_HR into a LDAP server on daily basis using abap program. How to secure the data transfer between the SAP (ABAP) and LDAP?

I'm using Netscape directory server 6. No security is used as of now, and using simple bind with LDAP system user id and pw. RFC is used to call LDAP connector on SAP system which in turn communicate with LDAP.

If I want to use TLS, How I would use/configure it from SAP server?

Thx,

Sheikh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try to use SNC for your RFC connection but I am not sure how you can set up Netscape Directory Server to use SNC. My idea is to solve your problem on network level so you will not have to change anything in SAP configuration. You can try to use IPSec to create a tunnel between your SAP system and directory server. All communication between these systems will be encrypted and this process will be completely transparent for SAP and Netscape server. The IPSec workaround is mentioned in couple of OSS notes (for example Note 1279343).

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try to use SNC for your RFC connection but I am not sure how you can set up Netscape Directory Server to use SNC. My idea is to solve your problem on network level so you will not have to change anything in SAP configuration. You can try to use IPSec to create a tunnel between your SAP system and directory server. All communication between these systems will be encrypted and this process will be completely transparent for SAP and Netscape server. The IPSec workaround is mentioned in couple of OSS notes (for example Note 1279343).

Cheers