cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on ALERT ( Followed STEPS in Michal Blog) and SP14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to setup simple ALERT for a file to file scenario. We are on sp14.

I followed Michale Blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2328. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

1. Created alert Category

2. Added Fixed receipts

3. Added Subscription Authorizations

4. Defined a rule in RWBs Alert configuration.

5. Activated required services.

6. Genarating error by throwing RuntimeException from UDF.

But still I could not see any alerts in the inbox.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges,

From SP14 onwards, activation of end to end monitoring is not needed for Alerting. Refer to this note 870232 for this info.

Next, to <b>test if your Alerts</b> have been defined correctly, go to <b>SE38</b>. In the program , type <b>RSALERTTEST</b> and then click on EXECUTE button ( F8 ). In the next window, it will ask you for your <b>ALERTCATEGORY</b>. Just give the name of your ALERT CATEGORY and click EXECUTE.

If you have configured your alerts correctly, you will receive a message that tells ALERT IS GENERATED and will give the ALERT ID.

Now, go to your Run TIme workbench and then select ALERT INBOX and see if you have got the ALERT message in your ALERT INBOX.

<b>If this is working fine, then the last step, implement the note 913858.</b>

Regards,

Bhavesh

<b></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I have already tested with RSALERTTEST. I could able to get messages in the inbox. But not from my scenario.

When i look at note 913858 it is refering to other notes where there are couple of correction instructions which needs some changes in the some of the functions.

1. I could not able to find theose function modules it self.

2. If i found some, can i go a head and modify those?

3. Do i need to take a back upof the system before applying these notes?

Thank you

Gangas L

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ganges,

No back up is needed. Just implemented the notes that 913858 is asking to implement. Follow all instructions in that note and it will work fine

Regards,

Bhavesh