cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELETE a record in DataManager - Challenging task...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a peculiar situation to delete an record in the datamanager; am currently into MDM7.1

The Record is Currently:

• Checked Out ( we dont know the Original User )

• Its part of the workflow ( But we dont see any workflow record)

• Its Under Protect mode too ( unable to unprotect since its part of workflow)

• Unable to Check/In or RollBack

• Unable to Join CheckOut / or Modify Join Permission....

Other than deleting the table is there any workaround to delete this record.

thanks

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

To delete the workflow you need to first delete the record attached to it.In your case this is only possible if you Check in the Checkout records.

In a workflow when you mention Records Checkout ,the owner of the workflow becomes the user of the checkout.

So you need to login as the owner of the workflow and firstly checkin the records.

Once you do that login as Administrator/owner of the workflow and delete the workflow.

If it still doesn't work check the following:

- Login as every other user you have used in your workflow and see if the workflow task has been stuck with any user and delete it accordingly.

- If this still does not solve the problem you may need to delete the workflow task at the Database level.

You can refer the below link to now how this can be done:

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Did you get any solution?

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

You can delete the active workflows from the database level. Check the workflow related tables (A2i_Data_12_WFJOB and A2i_Data_12_WFJOB_TEXT) under database <repositoryname>_m000.

I tried this and its working for me. Hope this would help you

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too faced this Issue, Figure out who is the WF Owner and login with that user ID and select the specific check out record and select "modify Join Permission" and give access to a user who is admin and have all the access the edit all the feild data.

Then Log out WF Owner user and login as admin(who have assigned above in modify join permission) and locate the same record and do "Join Checkout". After Join Checkout now it should allow you to roll back or check in.

Hope it works.

Thanks

Edited by: Ferose K Fazallul on Apr 6, 2009 5:53 PM

Edited by: Ferose K Fazallul on Apr 6, 2009 5:54 PM