Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have several records on the same row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I am creating a print only adobe form.

I would like to print several records from a table on 1 row only.

Example:

DeliveryNumber : 12345

ITEM1

SerialNumber1 SerialNumber2 SerialNumber3

SerialNumber5 SerialNumber5 SerialNumber6

ITEM2

SerialNumber1 SerialNumber2

and so on.

How can we do that in AdobeForm?

I created a directory structure containing the Delivery number, the Item and a field pointing to a table type containing the serial numbers.

Actually the AdobeForm is printing 1 serial number per row. We can have several hundred serial number per item, that is taking alot of paper. If I can have 2 or 3 serial number on the same row it will be greate.

I could create a large field and pour several serial number to it before printing, but because each serial number are barcoded, it won't work. I need to have separate serial number to have it barcoded.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards

dstj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the number of SerialNumbers that you want to display in single row is fixed then,

you can crete another structure with columns as :

Delivery no / Item No / SR_Field1 / SR_Field2 / SR_Field3.

Populate the data in this format and design the ADOBE Form for this new structure.

Thanks,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shweta

Thank you for your response, but we already do that technic.

My question was more related to dynamic column display.

Depending on specific conditions, the number of column can change.

So, having fixed column driven by a structure will partially work as far as the number of column will not exceed the number of field in the structure.

That is exacly that I want to avoid.

Regards

dstj

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have tables as fields/rows etc. nested.

So you can have a table inside a table inside a table even. Just take a cell, make it a table with one row, and put that row to repeating. Now you'll have a repeating row inside a repeating row. I've tested (and used) this 4 levels deep, so it's possible until at least then.

You can also use subforms, and add instances, making them grow like Western Text (left to right). Put the subform to repeating and bind it to the repeating part. Wrap that subform in another subform, that's flowed and set to Western Text. Now you'll have repeating colums growing dynamically.