Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Different Fiscal Year Variants between comapny codes

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Folks,

We have 2 company codes 1000 and 1010 both are assigned to controlling area 2000. I want to know what are the impacts of assigning company 1000 and 1010 to different fiscal year variants. I get this warning message when i try to save.

Please advice if this is advisable to do? and what are the impacts.

Message no. KT297

Diagnosis

Fiscal year variant K4, controlling area 2000, does not agree with fiscal year variant V9, company code 1010.

The following entries must agree:

Same number of posting periods (the number of special periods may vary)

Same period limits

Procedure

Ensure that the fiscal year variants of the controlling area and the assigned company codes agree. If necessary, maintain the fiscal year variants.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The basic criteria for assign a controlling area to company codes, is that all company codes have to maintain same fiscal year variant. otherwise it wont allow you. In your case system wont allow u, make sure all the company codes for which u need to assign controlling area has to have same fiscal year variant.

regards

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

When multiple company codes are assigned to the same cotrolling area they should satisfy the following:

1 FYV of controlling area should match the FYV of all the company codes.

2 They should use same chart of account.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you All

ramakrishna_ailanani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Zaid Azam,

you have assigned 1000 and 1010 to one controlling area 2000,

To assign more than one company code to one controlling area the below are conditions

1) The Operative fiscal year variants in the company codes must match the fiscal year variant in controlling area.

2) The company codes must use the same chart of accounts.

So if you are assigning other fiscal year variant where the number of posting periods are different, hece system giving an error.

Thanks and Regards

A.Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can assign provided the number of normal periods and the start and end dates are same in both the variants

Thank You,