cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business BluePrint vs Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a question concerning usage of Business BluePrint and Configuration when using Solution Manager for Project Management. If I choose a Project by logging on with SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

I can use the Button "Goto" and choose to go to Project - > Business BluePrint or Configuration.

Why is this seperation made ?

How can I build up a project which has Business Scenarios and also Configuration Parts ? Do I have to split up ?

Is there any view where I can see the whole project ? Business BluePrint and Configuration together ?

Thanks for the quick responses in advance.

Guersel

Edited by: Gürsel Cosgun on Apr 6, 2009 9:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think they should remain seperate. In Blueprint you define your processes and your scope is then locked. That's when you move to Configuration and configure, develop, test etc... what you designed.

You could theoretically combine them by going to the project administration > project standards > tabs and make the configuration tabs visible in blueprint transaction but I wouldn't recommend it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thanks for reply.

But Business BluePrint is really limited to the number of Levels you can create or ?

Do you think it makes sense to build up the project directly in the configuration part? So I can show the whole project structure as it is.

What is the advantage of a BluePrint ? Right now I see only the disadvantage, that I have a limited possibilty of structure (levels).

Thanks,

Guersel

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's me again.

I tryed to change visibilty. But system did not allowed me ? Why ?

It's always marked darkblue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's dark blue either you didn't go to change mode or you don't have the right authorizations. I just tested to see if I could do it and it works. Just curious, why do you want to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jason,

i will do that to show my whole Project in once. The biggest issue I had, was that I tryed to configure a Project Structure in Solution Manager which needs more than the offered 4 Levels of the BluePrint. So I decided to Split my Project Tasks into a configurational and Business Scenario Part to implement all tasks.

I was wonderin if you know which Role I need to be able to change the visibility ?

Thanks

Guersel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 4 layers is a pain indeed.

I'm not sure what authorization object is needed, but it is possible. I would have thought if you can access SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, you would be able to change this. Are you sure the project isn't locked by someone else and you're not in display mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tryed again and its horrorable. I don't know why ?!

I can do everything and of course go thru Project Admin and change visibilty of certain points. But changing -> Test Cases, Configuration, Development and Training Materials.

Strange ?!