Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Binding_Error

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to get an IDoc from R/3 to the XI adapter. I use transaction WE19 to start processing to the XI adapter and the RFC fails. When I look in transaction SM58 I see Error in Binding_Error in the Status Text for the call. I can find no other information. I have been working with one of our Basis experts for some time now looking in logs and we can find no other information.

Does anyone have any ideas? We have went through everything more than twice trying to find something wrong in the configuration but everything checks out fine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just an addition to above replies, Please cross check your scenario with this blog:

ALE configuration for pushing IDOC from SAP to XI

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi

Sachin

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the link, I have book marked it.

We are implementing SAP Transportation Management System (TMS 7.0), so I have set this up according to SAP documentation that was provided. This sends an IDoc to the XI adapter not the IDoc adapter, so I don't have a model view for this. Should there be one? I checked and I did not do this step on the sand box servers and it is not in SAP documentation.

Everything else checks out.

Edited by: Charles Pauley on Apr 8, 2009 4:19 PM

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

I kind of solved my problem, I switched this to RFC adapter and it is moving the messages across now. XI Adapter does not work.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem was with the user profile, did not have the correct authority to write the message to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error can be raised by the IDOC adapter for a variety of reasons. At my client the cause of the issue is somebody deleted the inbound IDOC channel, then recreated a new IDOC channel with the same name. The problem was that even though the channel name was the same, the GUID that was saved in the configuration no longer pointed to a valid channel.

To fix the problem, change the sender agreement. First, point it at any other valid channel. Save and activate. Then, change the sender agreement again and point it at the correct inbound IDOC channel. Save and activate. That should fix your problem.

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

It would seem I have stumped the experts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..))

New error message ..

CrossCheck the destination is pointing to new PI server instead of old

(I know you have already tested the Connections and resulted in green too)

Also chk business system have logical system name associated.

ask basis guys whether post installation steps are done

Rajesh

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

SXMB_ADM > Configuration > Integration Engine Configuration > Check, shows that it is connecting to the new integration server.

I run the SLDCHECK and everything there is pointing in the right direction.

SLDAPICUST has the new integration server host name and port.

Business systems in the SLD have the correct logical system names (I have checked this repeatedly).

Running the remote login test on RFC's works.

According to basis (I have had a dedicated basis resource for the past 3 days) says that all post installation is done. He even went through the document himself to insure that all steps were completed. So I must take his word for it.

We have went through every log file we can find, even ones we are sure wouldn't apply just incase.

Are there any other checks that can be run?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this error specific to some idoc? Have you tried other idocs too? Are you very sure about completion of your ALE configurations?

Regards,

Prateek

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

ALE configuration is complete. The no IDoc can get to PI.

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

No there are no custom segments in the IDoc.

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked with our Basis and network people, they are telling me there is no firewall between them. I can go into SM59 and successfully get a connection test and remote logon test. I have checked the header in the IDoc and everything seems to be pointing to the correct settings. One thing WE05 on the R/3 system shows the IDoc successfully transmitted yet it never makes out of the R/3 system.

Edited by: Charles Pauley on Apr 6, 2009 9:46 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there any custom segments present in the idocs? If yes, make sure that they are released.

Regards,

Prateek

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you check this problem guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

you can also check out my book which mentions how to do IDOC - XI

scenarios with all the details and screenshots

www.sap-press.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H1935

with this such error could not be possible for sure

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Message never makes it to the IS. We have repeatedly tested RFC connections. IDX5 shows no messages received. SXMB_MONI is empty, no messages. We just installed 7.1, I had this working on 7.0. 7.1 is a new server, I configured everything like I have it on 7.0 with the exception of pointing to different servers R/3 servers.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

but all ports from ERP to XI are opened right (no firewall blocking this)?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk