cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender RFC error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working with RFC to JDBC scenario. I have done the TCP/IP connection setting as explained in the SAP XI Help site. And when I try to test the RFC by giving some input, I am getting the errors like "COMMUNICATION FAILURE" or "CALL <function-module> NOT FOUND".

Suggest me the resolution for this.

Thank you all.

Regards

Bhanu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Go to SM59 of XI Box->TCP/IP Connections->AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER ... test this connection.

If there is any error, then Try to recreate the same or restart the System or take the basis help.

For more-

Regards,

Divya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Points to check :

1. Make sure that the RFC destination is to be created in the R3 systems and not XI.

2. Program Id is case sensitive . Kindly maintain same Program Id at both place .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

How you have provided input ,Are you testing RFC by calling report in R/3 if yes did you provide the destinationname as 'RFCDESTINATION Created' in report?

If you are testing the RFC Destination using SM59 then test that connection after configuring the same in XI too.

HTH

Rajesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009 to troubleshoot

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the status of your program ID in SMGW. Also try to reactivate the RFC channel and see if it works.

Regards,

Prateek

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you do the settings EXACTLY as per my blog?:)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk