cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing number range blocked during invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Currently we have this problem: differente workplaces are trying to create invoices at the same time by VF04 transaction and normally they get a block among them when accesiong to table NRIV.

We have defined a Z table to specify different invoice number intervals by workplace because this was a requirement but we are using the same number range RV_BELEG for all of them. Besides we cannot use the VF06 becuause the users want to monitor the billing process.

How does SAP solves this issue?, what is the recommendation from SAP?

Thanks in advance,

Javi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Raj,

This is because the number range is shared and therefore each billing process is waiting for another one.

This behaviour is visible in SM50 (stalled access to NRIV).

In my opinion, for SAP this is a non-issue. SAP recommendation would probably to run the billing process in batch. This will also allow classification of invoice messages, so you can print in the right order (first sales organization, then bill-to-party, etc.). I know your users want to monitor the billing process, but once the process is working well, a batch invoicing process is just safer and better.

IMHO again, the solution is not technical, it has to do with organization of the billing process.

If different group do the billing through VF04, you might want to have people working at different time intervals.

Example: Group 1 from 9 to 10, group 2 from 10 to 11.

The NRIV lock is temporary, so you might just tell them to wait

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Even though you create different number intervals using the same number range, you will still get the blocking issue because primarily they are all trying to use the same number range..

why don't you contemplate using different number ranges instead..

SAP gave an user exit for this.. Create a custom code in USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE in RV60AFZZ where by you specify which number range to use for which workplace..(SAP OSS note: 595327 )

Let me know if this answers your question

Thanks