cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email from sap to external address error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my consultants are trying to send an e-mail from sap system to external address but they are bouncing.could you please help me out how to resolve the issue as a basis consultant.i have checked connections in sm59 for MAIL SERVER,SCOT is also fine even SBWP is also fine.problem is with all the users connecting to quality server.

please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

chandu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you send the error message, if not then check the below things.

Check whether the default port is opened or not.

and check the user authorisations which you are using to send the emails and make sure the correct hanlder list Functionla program in Transaction SICF.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that the SAP server is included in the exxception list of your mail server.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to make sure that the IP Address of your SAP Server is populated in the Relay Agent of your SMTP Server.

Regards

Juan

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by bouncing. You have to provide the log of SOST. what is the error message

Does the RSCONNECT is scheduled?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

message is that message could not be delivered to the recipient

status text in sost ismessage transferred by node to communication system.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there will be some information, such as waiting for the communication system, or something like that.

Have you configure it properly.

You can check the link for complete informaiton.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/55/a8b538891b11d2a25a00a0c943858e/content.htm

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/scot-configuration-1624169

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would try the following

1. See if you can send an email from the OS. If you are on a Unix OS, you can use the mailx command

mailx -s 'testing' xxxatdomain.com </dev/null'

Try sending to both internal and external. Internal should work (Im assuming it is working now from SAP)

Make sure this is set up the right way ( thanks to Adam Li for parts of these).

1. In SCOT, menu 'Settings' --> 'Default Domain', have you set up the right site?

*Should be domain-name.com

2. Your SMTP server should have added this SAP server into its auth list. In another word, SAP server should not need to go thru any username/password via your SMTP server.

3You need to make sure that there is a relay configured from your SAP host to the Exchange

4. A periodic job ( 2 minutes? 5 minutes? etc) should be defined for sending Emails automatically. You can define it by clicking the 'job' icon in SCOT, or define in SM36 by using program 'RSCONN01'

5. a '*' should be defined in 'SCOT' -->'INT' --> 'Internet' --> 'Address areas'

Most likely, I think the relay will fix it. Talk to your Network Admin about it.

Kunal