cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Own Login fucntion.

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are trying to do our own login function and we have a couple of issue with it.

We created an application and assigned a default user, to be able to access it without any poplogin. Then we created a function to initialize the bsp runtime object. But when we try to access to another bsp application via a call application, a popup ask for our login and password .

What did we do wrong ? what other things do we need to initialize to skip the popup window?

thanks for the help you could provide

Regards,

Quentin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I had understood you correctly, the login popup you are getting is for the another BSP application you are calling. Since default user settings are not done for it, so it asks for basic authentication.

There are two ways round,

You can just add default user in the SICF node of the other BSP application.

Or else if SSO is enabled for your BSP applications, then you can pass on the UID and password as password as URL parameters, so that the application accepts it and curbs login authentication.

Hope I am clear.

Regards,

Ravikiran.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set a default user, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/02/4b52922a8d11d5991f00508b6b8b11/frameset.htm for info on that.

After that you can create your own login mechanism.

Eddy

0 Kudos

Hi again,

Thanks a lot for your answers, we allready use a default user to access to our login page. But what i don't understand is why if i login with the popup window i can access to another application and keep the context. if i log using parameters into the url (sap-client, sap-user and sap-password), i only have the context for the application with whom i loggedin.

can we do the same thing as the login popup window within a bsp program.

or could someone explain it to me ?

regards

Quentin

ps: thanks again for you patience

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quentin,

For security reason, it is not advisable not to put the userid, password in the URL.

Anyway, if you want to have the own login mechanism transfered to the other app, you will have to set the same mechanism in that other app too, thus default user etc.

See the answers on your other forum post on keeping the context (and SSO2) if you want do it otherwise.

Check also web logs like

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/08/03/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-viii--user-authentication-single-sign-on

/people/brian.mckellar/blog/2003/09/30/bsp-in-depth-writing-an-http-handler

Why do you want an own login framework btw if the end result is that you want to go to the other with SAP users?

Btw you can always contact me via mail (see my BC) if you want to.

Eddy

0 Kudos

Eddy,

Thanks a lot for your time , your are very kind to take that much time answering my questions.

I wanna do a login system without any cookies, the company that I'm working for wants to prohibid them (that's our main issue with SSO2).

I also want to unterstand why the context is kept (when i switch from one bsp application to another) when i login whith the dialog (login) popup thats shows up when i don't specify any default login in the SICF for .

From what i read from the weblog about HTTP handlers (the 2nd link u gaved me) , i think i will find my way defining my own ones.

thanks a lot for your help & your time

have a great evening

regards,

Quentin

0 Kudos

hey,

I found it, evenif i'm not gonna use it.

If you log with the loggin popup window, it creates a cookie on a server.

:):)

thanks you all to help me undertood that

Y'all have a grea day

Quentin

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it helped.

Answers (0)