cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying customer (only ship to) text to sales order at line item.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want that a text should be copied into a sales order from the cutomer master only restriction is that i want to copy text for particular partner fucntion only e.g. Ship to. How can I do it?

examples: customer X having to two ship to party's. for one ship to party text says "hello" and for another text says "Hi".

I want that depending on the ship to selected in the sales order, text from ship to should selected in SO.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is standard functionality. Make sure your text is configured to be available at cust master & appropriate document level (t/c VOTXN). Then create the text for the applicable ship to masters (can be done in either create or change)...now create the sales docs and assign the different ship to masters & you should see the different text for each defaulting into the orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jacqueline,

I read your post for this. I have an issue.

Iam changing ship to party from A to B. But the text from B is not copied into sales order. The text in sales order appears that of A only. Why ?

I have created only one text id for central texts.The same text id I created for sales order .

regards

Pamela

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

Hope you might have known the text determination procedure.

Please define a text determination procedure for Sales Document - Item in the transaction VOTXN.

In VOTXN - do the following.

1.Select your text determination procedure.

Ex: 01- Sales Item.

2.Assign Text ID and access sequence to your Procedure by clicking 'Text ID's in Textprocedure'.

3.Then Select that entry - then click on 'Access Sequnce'.

4.Select your Access Sequence.

5.Then Click on 'Access Sequence for Text ID's'.

There you have to maintain the entry - if you want to copy texts from customer master to sale order item.

Please maintain as follows.,

Seq-Text Object- Text Object Description- ID - ID Description 10 - KNVV - Customer texts,sales - 0001 - Materials sales Text

The ID should be the one which you assigned initially to the text determination procedure(Step 2).

Hope this may help you.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VOTX, You would have created a text type WRT sales header and also you might have asssigned a access sequence to it.

Now double click on the sequece and then assign KNVV as the Text object, ID( as defined in the procedure assigned to Customer master account group ) and then partner function as SH

By making the above settings the data will flow from SH text and not from SP text.

If you need the complete settings on text determination let me know