cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache Homogeneus system copy - Restore it or Initialize it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating a Test environment of SCM 4.1 + Livecache 7.5 based on PRD Homogeneous system copy.

I'm aware of specific procedures do copy Livecache, but is that really needed in an Test environment. Can't I only initialize livecache running /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS.

Livecache, as the name says is a cache, so there should be some reports to flush it and build it again from the SCM master/transactional data. Ok loosing some data resulting from livecache processing and not yet integrated in SCM ond the system backup time, but this is a Test environment,no? If yes, what are those reports?

Regards to all

Edited by: HP SUPPORT on Apr 6, 2009 5:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

During the liveCache run the liveCache data cashed to the main memory from the liveCache data volumes.

For SAP liveCache documentation see the SAP note 767598.

-> Concerning the /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS report, please see the SAP note:: 640107 Using program /sapapo/delete_lc_anchors in APO 3.0 or higher

If the liveCache will be initialized in LC10 with post initialization report settings of the report /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS for the LCA connection, the report will run in the liveCache relevant clients after the liveCache will be initialized successfully.

The master data will be uploaded to the liveCache, but the transactional data will be lost.

You need to run the initial transfer from the connected R/3 system to get the transactional data back.

You could find more details in the liveCache documentation & the note 640107.

-> Please see the liveCache documentation at www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/livecache

< you will find the link to "Best Practices for Solution Management: mySAP SCM " too>.

-> Please follow the SAP note:: 886103 System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM .

If you are planning to run Heterogeneous liveCache Copy, please use the SAP note 632357.

If you are planning to run Homogenous liveCache copy, please use the notes 457425 & 886103.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia

Thanks for you complete answer it really helped me to understand the all process.

Regards

Answers (0)