cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Activity shows anonymous users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the Portal Activity report. We are useing the report that is attached to the Solution Manager Diagnostics. This report provides a lot of important information. But one strange thing that I am not able to declare is the following:

The user overview is devided in two parts, the named users and the anonymous users. a few days in the week I see between 1 - 6 anonymous users. What does this mean? Does the really mean that users are accessing our portal without authentication?

I hope that someone can give us an answer on this question.

Thanks in advance,

Nico van der Linden...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

Yes, it means a user is accessing content without authentication.

• You can change the UME setting to not allow anonymous users (by default it allows)

• You can search the PCD for iViews with anonymous authentication.

• You can create a portal activity iView that lists all iViews viewed, and check these.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your quick response. I will go looking for these iviews. But do you know if there are processes like the portal heartbeat for example that might be using unauthenticated access? For example we use GRMG lite scenario's which only performs a ping request to the GRMG heartbeat page.

Kind regards,

Nico...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We installed SOlution manager diagnostics SPS8 on 4.0 version. We included Portal in SMSY also. It is showing in solution manager diagnostics area. But under reporting i could not see anything called Portal Activity Reporting as mentioned in the setup guide. Can one of you guide what special config to be done to get that option...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

• You can change the UME setting to not allow anonymous users (by default it allows)

How can I change that in MW04s?

• You can search the PCD for iViews with anonymous authentication.

All the iViews I found with anonymous login are SAP ones that build the portal (detailed navigation est), can I change them too?

Roy