cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mentors needed - Custom systems running on J2EE application servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I'm in trouble with my design for scenarios using SAP, PI, nonSAP systems. There are 6 systems that are all customly developed for business needs and they all run on J2EE application systems. These systems needs to be integrated to SAP using PI with SOAP adapter and ABAP proxies.

The problem exists for EO and EOIO scenarios.

None of these systems has any messaging infrastructure. For inbound interfaces, I cannot monitor application level errors that might happen while processing in these java systems. I do not want to return SOAP fault to PI, but should be able to log, monitor and raise notifications for relevant application system support teams. This by itself requires custom java applications to be developed.

Moreoever, when they send messages to PI, if PI is down, the messages will just run into HTTP timeouts. Again, I need to be able to record them in database before sending and should be able to restart those messages later when PI is up.

Also, the toughest part, I have EOIO interfaces. That means, apart from monitoring and restarting, I need a queueing mechanism so that I can make sure these systems process EOIO messages in correct order for inbound & outbound messages.

As SAP systems already have a PI runtime, we don't have any problems on that side. But, it seems like we have to develop similar logic customly for Java systems.

So all these custom developments puts a lot of extra effort to our project. Which way can we follow to at least lessen it? Any already developed solutions, workarounds?

Thank you for your inputs.

Regards,

Gökhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, I need to be able to record them in database before sending and should be able to restart those messages later when PI is up

This requires a messaging server that you dont have. Either you may search for some free jms servers or develop your own (which would be some effort). If the scenario is a bit flexible, you may configure a java proxy which may return a system ack, which would confirm whether the message has reached PI system or not. Without messaging server, resending part would be manual.

apart from monitoring and restarting, I need a queueing mechanism

As I said, messaging server would be a good option for you.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input Prateek. I'm not experienced in JSM, where and how to look for it? I would really appreciate if you could give some guidence on this.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say google is the best place. JMS servers could be purchased or developed (development would be time and effor consuming). e.g IBM Webspehere MQ.

http://www.esus.com/javaindex/j2ee/jms/jms.html

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll see what I can do, thanks again.

Regards,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is still an open issue for me and I really appreciate all the inputs for solution. Thank you.