cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification in Depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone to live on 01.10.2008 and i have uploaded asset and depreciation amount also its tallied,now in year end i want to post the depreciation for rest of the months ( Nov to March) at that time system has not allowed to post the depreciation.I think i have missed out some configuration settings.So please guide me.

Regards

R.Manigandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have changed the period in OAYC as 07 for book depreciation ( Asset transfer Date) and i also changed that specify transfer date also (01.10.2008) that is my asset transfer Date, after that i have run the depreciation in afab for the period 08 but the system didnt allow. i have mentioned the error below.

You can only post in new year after closing the previous year.

Message no. AA687

Diagnosis

You want to post in a new fiscal year. However, a posting must have been made in the last period in the previous fiscal year before you can do this.

Procedure

Post to the last period in the previous year first.

In AJRW I have changed the fiscal year as 2008 but still the error has coming, so please guide me.In AJAB, OAAQ and OAAR closed fiscal year is 2007.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look to these Wiki:

/people/javier.reviriego/blog/2008/07/09/year-end-closing-in-asset-accounting-best-practices

/people/nathan.genez/blog/2008/08/28/detailed-information-on-changing-the-fiscal-year-in-fi-aa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look what you filled in the TC OAYC Think should be 2008 9

And: SPRO Asset Accounting / Asset Data Transfer / Parameters for Data Transfer / Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year Think should be 30-09-2008