cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Add-on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have written a VB Class that i want to use as an add-on in SAP.

I have checked the AddOnInstaller Sample, and it seems that it used a file called HelloWorld.exe

Can anyone give me a step by step process in order to generate the Add on? I have just written a VB Class, I couldn't even generate an executable.

Thanks,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

A guide is provided in the help files from the SDK, if you've installed them (I guess, because you have the samples) you'll find the info over the examples in the <i>C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Help\SDK_EN.CHM</i>

Good luck!

Rowdy

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the problem, the .exe file i was talking about can be found in the bin folder of the add-on project.

All i did was use the AddOnInstaller example and replaced the helloworld.exe with myproject.exe and made the appropriate changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, you can remove the file and i will check the help file and the sample, and i'll post again if i have additional questions

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome, good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not have this help file (I have the SDK 2004). Is there a way i can get it? I will also check the downloads section.

Thanks,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

That's a good question yeah... I've zipped my SDK folder, and put it online... Let me know when you've downloaded it, so I can remove it...

<a href="download removed">download removed</a>

Edit: The zipfile contains the Help, the samples and also the source code of the wizard I mentioned above...

Good luck!

Rowdy

Message was edited by: R. Schwachofer

Message was edited by: R. Schwachofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Where can i get an example on how to create the .exe file?

Thanks

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Open the help file as I suggested, and go to the subject called "Tutorial: Blanket Agreement Solution". This descripes step by step how to develop an add-on, from scrath to the installer... (Just skip the part on UDO, you don't need that... )

You'll find the source project here: <i>C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Samples\UDO\BlanketAgreement</i>

There also is a Wizard available in the downloads section, that automates a lot of things, it is in C#, but maybe it helps. (Note, I can't provide a link right now, the downloads section search function is broken I see)

Hope it helps,

Rowdy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest thing it is to get an example so you have the structure of events in SAP and the sign on process.

Then add your code there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I have checked the help file, and the sample.

The sample uses a file called HelloWorld.exe

How is this file generated from the beginning? That is,

how can i generate a myproject.exe file from my VB.Net project file?

Thanks,

Ralph