cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM to ERP using PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to send material data from mdm to ERP system using PI. Our issue is we need to be able to send multiple materials in an xml file and on the ERP side, we should be able to create those materials and send back the material numbers. I tried to follow this blog

/people/rene.klumberg/blog/2008/08/14/code-free-dispatch-confirmation-from-erp-to-mdm-using-pi

but our issue is, the temporary matnr we are generating on the mdm side, is not being saved into the MARA table and so there is no corelation between the temporary matnr and the matnr generated on ERP side.

Did any one come across this issue?

If so, please explain how did you fix it.

Thanks

MLS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. This BAPI only takes in one material at a time. Is there any other sap delivered BAPI which handles multiple materials?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should be using Proxy on the receiver side. Then you will have the control over what you are returning to PI. Call the BAPI with in the server proxy and then get the generated MATNR. Now fill your return strucuture with this and as well as the temporary MATNR that you are sending from MDM. Now you can use this field for correlation on the MDM side..!!

VJ