Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to create callable object, but output not displayed on execution

former_member187658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am creating and deploying a web dynpro component, and including the concept of GP in it. On the server, i am able to create the callable object of the specific webdynpro project, but when i try to execute the same from test tab, in the "callable object execution" tab, a blank screen comes. I am not able to see the display of my view.

Can anyone please help in this regard, as i am not gettinhg where n what the problem is.

Thanks & regards,

Anupreet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupreet,

Check that the according to IWebDynproCO window contains your view.

1. Open your wd component.

2. Expand "Windows" item.

3. Expand "WebDynproCO" window.

4. Check that your view is embedded within.

Best regards,

Aliaksei.

former_member187658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksei

Yes, me window does contain the view.

I also tried another approach for solving this. I created a model in the component controller, making an execute method in the component controller. I am calling this component controller method in the interface controller, in its execute method.

I have also added the component controller in its properties tab, and the model node is bound to the component controller's model node.

But even then there is no change in the output. Callable object is getting made but output is not visible.

The output is a simple table displaying certain rows of data.

Can you please help in this regard.

Thanks & regards,

Anupreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupreet,

If there is some problem with the data, it may show blank screen. Put some logs in execute method and check the same in Defaulttrace log file. Hope this helps!

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupreet,

Are you sure you are attching the web dynpro component in your GP i.e, creating a webdynpro component(GP interface) callable object?

jan_rauscher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must be sure to implement the following methods in your web dynpro application: getDescription and complete. Please find here an example how a Web Dynpro Component should be used as Callable Object via the GP interface: help.sap.com -> SAPNetWeaver -> ... key capabilites -> CAF -> CAF GP -> developing ... -> core development tasks -> implementing additional callable objects -> Web Dynpro CO.

Regards,

Jan