Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do yo display UDF

former_member418241
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

How do you display a user defined field to be refreshed at row level automaticaly in to a sales order where the field created at item master level using a query? The UDF is of type 'Link"

more detail:

User defined field of type link created for holding specifications of each item (where i can attach some word document) the same link should be displayed automatically at row level in the sales order or any marketing documents when i select the item code in the marketing documents. this is similar as where the item specification is displayed automatically as soon as you select the item code.

thanks

SV Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid you cannot apply a formatted search to a Link type UDF.

As a workaround you could add a text type UDF (plenty of characters) to the rows and use a formatted search to copy the path into there. You can then copy that value to your clipboard and go to Start / Run. Paste the value into the run box and it will open it straight up. Unfortunately you cannot just click on the link to open up the file as it is stored as purely text. However even with this workaround it is probably easier and less key strokes to simply click on the orange arrow next to the item code field and then click on the link UDF to open the file.

A sample Formatted search to populate the Text UDF would be:

SELECT T0.U_LinkField FROM OITM T0 WHERE T0.ItemCode = $\[$38.1.0\]

SDK could be another alternative, however I'm not a developer so cannot give you many pointers with that.

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to set the FMS auto refresh when Item Code change?

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member418241
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Yes I tried the formatted search auto refresh but this option is mainly available for header level fields. the problem here is I cannot find auto refresh the field content whenever the item code changes at row level. Moreover how can you define a formatted search auto refresh option for a field type "Link"?

If it is a normal field where you can enter some text then when you press Shift+F2 then it will display the window for formatted search to attach. but if it is a link type field how can we attach some formatted search auto refresh option?

thanks

SV Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

FMS may not be suitable for link type. You probably need to find some other ways to reach your goal.