cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created return sale order with reference to invoice for the total quantity. Now again I am trying to create one more return sale order with reference to the same invoice (which was already returned). System is allowing me to create the return order, with an information message. But I want to stop creation of return order for the invoice which was already returned. I mean the information message should be as error message or any other solution.

Is this possible. Kindly suggest.

Regards

Ratna Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rama Rao

This has to be controlled thro user exit only

Check with your technical consulltants

Or otherwise the message V1 message no 499 has to be converted to error message

Go to SE91

1.Input the message class V1

2..Input the message no say 499 in no and execute

3.select the message no and click on where used list (ctrlshiftF3)

4.select the box programming and deselect all others

5. Then a list of programs where this error message is used will appear

6.Double click description on the right side of your screen

7.Here you can see the codings written for this message 499 which can be changed to warning to error

Note

The best way to do it is with ABAPer only

Not recommended to change the standard settings

OVAH changes message V4 no 229 will control in the return order the qty will not get increased more than the original qty

Your requirement is a second return order should not get created with the same billing reference

For this standard is not sufficient and some development changes reqd like what i mentioned earlier changing message no 499 class V1 to error is one way of doing it

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you raja,

what and all you said was correct. Even I am trying the same, but before that I want to see wether there is any possbility in standard and finally I think NO. We have one more problem here, even if we make the V1499 message as error the problem will not resolved. If we have taken the partial returns, then even for the 2nd return order for the balanced qty, the same message will come which we make it as error. And so we will not be able to take return for the balance qty again. I think we have to write some code something like, when ever the total qty in sale order was returned then we should keep one more Z error message, by keeping the standard V1499 as normal.

Regards

Ratna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VTAF, select the item category for the combination of order type and billing type and maintain "+" for the field "Pos./neg. quantity"

Next go to VOV7, select the item category for returns and maintain "B" for the field "Completion Rule".

Next Go to OVAH and change message class V4 no 229 to "E" will work

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your item category settings in VOV7

Completiin rule Should be B - Item is completed after full quantity has been referenced.

Regards,

Ramesh