Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile plugins for NWDS 7.1

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've currently installed NWDS 7.1. I've also added the mobile plugins following the guide on: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/b6/0f5c4a07cd4bcdb58598760cb27766/frameset.htm

Now I'm trying to create my first mobile application. There a problem occurs. When i want to create a mobile service component, and i select local development - mycomponents[demo.sap.com] , i get following error: Software component does not support selected Development Component Type. Required DCs are located in a SC that is not visible.

As you can see, the Netweaver Development Infrastructure is new to me. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

thanks

regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

This issue occurs when required dc's are not accessebile to create a service component, may be due to some wrong installation of plugins.

Go to the Development Infrastructure perspective and check whether the required DC's are there in the NWMCLIENT and XOCA. Also the My Comonents (under Local Development) should have NWMCLIENT and XOCA in the dependencies list.

The following DC's are required to create a Service Component:

tc/mobile/oca/api

The following DC's are required to create a UI component:

tc/cmi

tc/mobile/cfs/api

tc/mobile/cfs/core/wrapper

tc/mobile/oca/api

tc/mobile/wdlite/facade

The DC tc/mobile/wdlite/customcontrols/api is used for creating your own eSWT custom control.

If you cannot see the NWMCLIENT and XOCA itself in Development infrastructure perspective then you have extracted the plugins wrongly.

XOCA and NWMCLIENT inside com.sap.tc.ap plugin folder contains just DC's and SC's folders.

Please refer the following images inside plugins folder:

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251838831/one.JPG

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251838831/two.JPG

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251838831/four.JPG

The error you got might be the following

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251838831/three.JPG

Thanks and Regards

Vidyadhar

Edited by: Vidyadhar N on Apr 6, 2009 4:50 PM

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vidyadhar for your effort,

My folder structures look exactly like shown in your jpg files. However NWMCLIENT and XOCA are not visible in my developer infrastructure perspective. The error i get while creating a Service Component is like you mention in jpg three.

XOCA and NWMCLIENT folders only contain dcs en scs folders. My default.confdef looks ok. Is there some import function i have to use in NWDS or some activation function?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

In the NWDS, on the Menu bar go to Windows -> Preferences

Type Target Platform in the input field and select it. You can see the list of all plugins that are loaded in NWDS. Check whether mobile plugins are loaded. Restart NWDS.

By the way are you using windows vista machine? If yes try to restart NWDS in admin mode.

Regards

Vidyadhar

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Vidyadhar,

I've checked NWDS preferences. The mobile plugins are there. So that seems ok and they are loaded. I'm using a Vista machine, are there some problems known with that?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

As a last option, go to NWDS installation folder -> configuration folder, delete some folders inside it,

and restart the NWDS. Those folders you deleted should automatically get created again.

Do you see any plugins getting duplicated inside plugins folder?

Regards

Vidyadhar

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Vidyadhar,

Deleting the folders didn't help. Plugins are not getting duplicated.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Mobile plugins are of which SP and patch?

Please try restarting your system. Right click on NWDS exe and run in admin mode.

Regards

Vidyadhar

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Vidyadhar,

mobile plugins are of SP3.

I tried running NWDS in admin mode, didn't help.

I'll reboot my system and see what happens..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Try installing SP7 plugins as they are the latest.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

What is your NWDS version? SP3 of plugin is pretty outdated, and we had a lot of issues with it. First of all, get the latest SP in mobile. Get them manually installed like you did for SP3. Now after you do that, refer to this NWDS Troubleshooting link.

Edit: Link

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/ce/troubleshooting.html

You may be going wrong somewhere, like for the policy, you need to manually edit the file and not from NWDS and you need to configure your proxy properly (if you are under a LAN proxy). After doublechecking everything, you should update your NWDS. Remember that you will have a prompt for entering your suserid and password (Service Market Place - SMP Login credentials). Additionally if you are under LAN proxy, you will first get your proxy authentication and then your SMP Credentials authentication.

Hope the above solves your troubles.

Regards,

Veera

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Apr 6, 2009 10:29 PM

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

I've just installed latest SP7 of mobile plugins... same problem.

Now i would like to update NWDS. I'll followed the troubeshooting guide, edited the policy xml (not in nwds). We don't use a proxy. So this is ok. But then, when i try to look for updates, after NWDS asks for user and password (which means connection to the site is ok), i have the error: xml stream is not a valid default site.xml file, root tag is not site.

what could be the problem?

thanks again for your help so far

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

It is strange to be short.

I hope you have JDK 1.5 update 9 and above. I have personally tested with update 9 and update 11. I also hope there are no clashes with multiple jdks.

Now follow these steps for a clean install:

1.First, take a backup of the Mobile Plugin structure + files (manually) if you dont want to redo it again.

2. Uninstall the NWDS.

3. Go to this link https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/ce/

4. Download the Latest platform zip release. from the page. That is, https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/ce/710/NWDS_platform.zip

5. Extract the zip and install the NWDS (Remmber this is just a skeleton).

6. After install, start the NWDS. Now try updating.

7. Once successful, exit NWDS, install/copy your Mobile plugins, you can use the Mobile Plugin structure + files you may have optionally kept ready. You can append the same plugin texts required to register the plugins as per the help.

8. Now start NWDS, you should be ready to go all guns.

Hope your issues are solved at the earliest.

Regards,

Veera

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, Veera,

I'll try this, and will give feedback/points.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

As Veera said, please do maintain the same version of Mobile plugins and NWDS. Some times when you update the plugins through update site, the plugins inside plugins folder can get duplicated. Please check for that. Also when you uninstall NWDS, manually delete the plugins folder completely before reinstalling.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

Forgot this point, that Vidyadhar just reminded us. Broadly speaking, try to remove any remains of the older installation before installing the new version.

Regards,

Veera

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Just for completion,

the url i've entered for the update site, was incorrect, it had to be https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/ce/710/

i'm currently running the updates on nwds 7.1 sp7, it takes some time apparently. Hopefully the problems are then solved. I let you know.

thanks

Peter

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Veera,

Is there another way than updating NWDS with update manager? I'm running the updates for 2 hours now, and i have only done 6% of the updates. I've read on sdn there are people complaining about the slowlyness of this site..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Peter, Unfortunately it takes a lot of time....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

Yes there is, but you need a CE 7.1 Java server for the same wherein, you update a component called NWDS Update Site in your server which will act as your local NWDS update website. Just search in help.sap.com under NetWeaver CE 7.1 for the documentation of configurating/activating NWDS Update site in your CE 7.1 server.

If you dont have a CE 7.1 server in your landscape, this is your only option as a full setup of latest NWDS release is not avaialable at SMP.

Regards,

Veera

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After installing NWDS 7.1 and mobile plugins 7, the problem persists.

However, i found something that could be interesting. In following path: C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\CE\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment, i saw there is a .confdef and buildvariant.config file. There NWMCLIENT and XOCA were not mentioned. After adding the same lines as i did in default.confdef, i can see now XOCA and NWMCLIENT in the development infrastructure perspective. But probably this is not a good way of working.

also now i get new errors like 'com.sap.ide.generationfwk.eclipse.GenerationFwkPlugin Error: could not create executable extension for run' which i probably caused by this manual action.

please advise,

thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

'com.sap.ide.generationfwk.eclipse.GenerationFwkPlugin Error: could not create executable extension for run' . This error is just a log error and won't cause any problem in developing applications.

So finally are you able to see the perspective and create compoents?

Regards

Vidyadhar

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

To see the perspective was never a problem. Creating the components was a problem.

Status update:

I'm now able to create a mobile service component.

Now when i want to create a mobile ui component, i get the same error: software component does not support selected development component type. When i switch to the development infrastructure perspective, and then select MyComponents and then DC Types(supported development component types) -> choose mobile applications for handhelds, then i see only mobile ui component is in gray(rest looks ok). When i look further in mobile ui component, i see that tc/mobile/cfs/core/wrapper is in red. So probably this is the problem. How to solve this?

thanks (i have given points, for the effort you've made)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

This is a simple problem. In the plugins folder go to com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.ide folder

Open the plugin.xml file inside it with a notepad or text editor.

Some where near the end of file you can see something like this:

<DCDependency at-build-time="true" id=tc/mobilecfs/core/wrapper name="tc/mobile/cfs.core.wrapper".........>

Just delete this line. It wont cause any side effects.

Now restart NWDS and everything will be fine.

Regards

Vidyadhar

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Vidyadhar,

I've done what you've said, but the problem remains. I also restarted NWDS. Am I missing one step?

Shouldn't this DC be part of some ecp file which I've missed during installation of the mobile kit?

thanks

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

I've solved the problem, i had to delete the workspace and restart NWDS.

thanks everyone for the help!

Edited by: Peter Vanneste on Apr 7, 2009 8:11 PM

Edited by: Peter Vanneste on Apr 7, 2009 8:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

I was not having connectivity today and hence couldn't help you. I forgot to mention abou using a new workspace /deleting contents of old workspace. It is good that you solved it yourself

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

This error generally comes when you have different Mobile Plugin patch level and NWDS Patch level. For example, if you have NWDS CE 7.1 SP3 or SP5 and you have a Mobile SP level of 6 or 7. All you need to do is update your NWDS to get the latest SP levelfor all your installed components

Check out the following thread for any issues you may face while trying to update you NWDS from SAP NWDS central worlwide website. I have helped out another community member for NWDS update issue:

Note:

Though the above is from CE forums, the issues you might face may be similar to the update issues face by the other member.

Regards,

Veera

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Veera for your feedback,

I've tried to update my NWDS like you mention. However after filling in the url: https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/ce/ and after correcting the policy.xml file, i have following error in NWDS:

Unable to access https://nwds. Error parsing site stream. The XML stream is not a valid default site.xml file. The root tag is not site.

probably i'm referring to a fault url, correct?

thanks