cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message while defining Project Coding Mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While defining Project Coding Mask I am getting a message "Transporting edit screens may make exsisting projects and WBS elements in the tgt system"

I am getting messgae after changing the Length of key for coding in Define Special characters for projects.Previously the length was 1 as per the standard but for client the length of project coding mask is 3 so i changed the length of key for coding as 3. After that I was trying to create the project coding mask I am getting the above message.

Now my doubt is is there any impact if i will go ahead and create the project coding mask.

Presently in my system no Project definition and WBS elements are there.We have just started activating Project systems.

Please advise.

Regards,

Raghavendra.M

SAP-Practice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghvendra,

This is standard message, This is to avoid inconsistancy in system while you transport hte project coding mask. Say for example if you ahve project in Quality system with coding mask X & you are changin the same coding mask in DEV and try to transport the coding mask X to quality sys. At that time it will create inconsistancy in QA system & DEV system ( If the project is exist )

If you have eixted project than delete the same and than change the coding mask.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Currently if there are no projects in your system, then it will not affect anything. But if it is otherwise, it will definitely affecting the reporting of all the other projects.

To be on the safer side, do not change the existing coding mask. Create a new one and use that.

bye

Pratap