cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie needs help please - nothing happening?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed and completed the creation of my first report - yippee I hear you say. Well not quite so fast. When I launch Crystal to expand on the report I created or create another, none of icons work and all but New and Open are greyed out. The only function to work is F1. It would appear to be completely locked out and the only way to end the program is via Task Manager.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Crystal reports V9, using with BMC Remedy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up unimstalling Crystal, re-booting, installing Crystal and re-booting again. Now working fine.

Thanks to all who made suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all could please let us know when everything just appeared to be locked, how did you manage to create a report?

If you have managed to create a report, you must see the fields available under database fields in Field Explorer.

In case you are not able to use any of the menus, you can try a repair of the software using Add/Remove programs and see if that helps.

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourashree, thank you for responding.

The first report was created using the "As a blank report" and then selecting the database.. There are several DB's on the server and I now want to use one of the others. It appears that I can amend anything on the original created report, as it is still showing in the Database Fields view. It is only when I try to select another Database, either via the Database Expert icon or from the Database dropdown option that Crystal freezes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have managed to open a previous report and make amendments OK, as Crystal is in an "active" window. However, when I click on Database Expert or Select Expert the window becomes inactive.

Anyone any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goto > Regedit > HKEY_Current_User> SOFTWARE>Suite 11.5 (If CR2008 then Suite 12)> Crystal Reports>ResizableDialogs> Create a string value called "Select Expert" if not present then right click on the string value>Click on modify > enter the value as 251,209,774,529.

Do the same for Database Expert.

Re-open teh crystal reports and see if it resolves your issue.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

many thanks for responding. What are these values? I ran regedit and found the following:-

Database Expert - 1410,174,2123,744

Select Expert - 1703,352,2218,557

I did wonder if the issue was something to do with ODBC????

I notice, when I click on the icons, something flashes on the screen and disappears. When closing Crystal via Task Manager, the dialog box indicates - The system cannot end this program because it is waiting for a response from you.......