cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRODUCTION IN SHIFTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have got a work center where production goes on in shifts the machines run for 24hrs .In the work centers I have customized like that only mentioned three shifts from 6am to 2pm from 2pm to10pm and from 10pm to 6.00am.But if any production in this work center is getting completed after midnight the date is getting changed to the next day. Ideally the date should change after 6am after the end of c shift.Why is it happening?Where is the setting?

Regards

Sandip Sarkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

You are thinking as per your requirement.

But ideally what's happening in the system is correct. The day starts at the midnight. Shifts are based on the days. It can't be viceversa.

May I know why do you want the system should propose the date change at 6.00 a.m.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is my clients requirement he wants that the three shifts A,B,C should have the same date.

Regards

Sandip Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

You need to explain the facts & figure to the client. If still he persists then go for developed reports to satisfy the need.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is obviously possible to full fill your requirement. But it needs a development. The total development can be done specific to user even To do the same, to need to the development in the program "SAPMM07M" , in the screen number 0300.

We have done the same thing in the present project....let me collect the code....

What we did, when we are doing the GR ( MB31) the posting w'nt change before 6am.Upto 6 am, the date will be of the previous date.

Hope, this developmemt will suffice your requirement.

......partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Partha

Sandip

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to standard calender timings, the day starts from 00:00:00 (midnight 12) to 00:00:00 (midnight) - 24 hours cycle, hence the system is showing like this.

Your setting is also correct.

Need not worry about this.

Madhava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally the date should change after 6am after the end of c shift.Why is it happening?Where is the setting?

Actually what the system does is correct.. If you want the system to change the date only after the third shift, Then why cant you change the shift start as oo:oo:oo hrs and end as 24:00:00

However try this menu path...

Payroll...Time Evaluation....Providing Time Data....Work Schedule and Time Events..Dynamic Assignment Based on Clock-In Entries....Assign Daily Work Schedule Dynamically