Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to find a user exit that is used by a particular SAP screen. I have used a program that finds all user exits by transaction, but most of the descriptions for those exits vague. Does anyone have a way of finding the exact user exit(s) for a given screen within an SAP transaction? I have gone to some various screens, went to its program and performed a find on "call customer," but without luck. Also, I know there are at least a dozen exits for transaction F-43, but when I go to the main code of function group FKMT and perform the find on "call customer" I get no hits.

Can someone please lend me some helpful advice. Your assistance is greatly anticipated.

Kind Regards,

Jason

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Use the Enhancement <b>F180A001 and FM incl ZXF48U01</b>, it will stop for you when you check or save in F-43 transaction.

rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jason,

this is a another way for finding user exits..

to find user exits applicable for a given SAP screen. From the SE38 screen, enter the desired screen main program, and click Utilities > Find In Source Code, and "CUSTOMER-FUNCTION" as the text to search for. This will give you a list of the user exits and where they are called from for all screens in the module pool.

Note: format of ABAP statement is CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION '009', for example. This is the statement called by a submodule attached to the main program.

Actual related function is EXIT_SAPLCOIH_009, for example. This example refers to customer function 9 in main program SAPLCOIH. Not all user exit functions are names as such, but this is the usual format.

If you are doing data validation and want to set an error message with a field open, you must be sure that the user exit you are using is linked to a calling module in the PAI section of the screen and the field you wish to be open was in the CHAIN statement which caused the PAI module to be invoked.

If you use a customer function which was invoked by a PBO module to validate data, the "MESSAGE" statement will cause the screen to return with the desired message at the bottom, but with all screen fields closed for input.

When you make changes to the include module for a given customer function, you must regenerate the related function group before you will see the changes included in the screen behaviour.

<b>reward if useful..</b>