cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a existing Document type for a new requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a Sales Documnent type ZOR which was earlier used and now this not being used any more.

If we start using the same document type again after changing the description will it have any negative Implications?

Will any reporting or financial posting or Audit issue occur as we use the existing document type with a new desciption for a new requirement.

Thanks

Montee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

You can use the existing Condition Type with a new description but at the same time you also have to take into considerations as to where all it has been used may be some reports or some logics in print programs etc.You have to sit with your Technical person and throughly check all the programs at the same time i suggest you to crate a new document type and use the same for your new requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your kind reply, my another worry is if we change the desciption for the order type, what will happen to the documents created earlier with the old order type with old desciption.

Will it get affected and the desciption change for the existing documnets too.

As there is a huge data of sales Doc with old order type.

Thanks

Montee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IN case there old sales documents created...and now you change the description then it wont have any effect on the description of the old documents.

Regards

Arya

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From little check I ran in my test client the old orders picked up the changed current description. You could ping a little test in your environment to confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggest you take a look at when was this doc type used (t/c SE16, VBAK table) -- if it's been a long time should give you more comfort about reusing (along w/all the config tips mentioned by the other posters).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monti,

1. First you will have to decide that the document you have created for a business process is going to be reappear in future. if not then you can change the document description and reuse it.

2. Within the document type take care of no. range assignement, Pricing date and billing documents you have assigned (Delivery related or order related)

3. Item category usage, you would have assigned an item category for this document type check the item category assignement when you are using it for new process relook into into item category details screen. Check even Schedule line category details and its assignement

4. Check Copy controls once again (Delivery related or order related).

5. Check the Delivery and billing documents associated with it.

6. Check its assignement to a specific sales area if configured else OK

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First u have to check whether the older docment business is excatly matching your new requirement.

There are few parameters which you have to check while using the same sales docment type like

Delivery related Billing or order related billing

Delivery type

proposed delivery date/ prchase order date/ pricing date

If all these parameters are same for both the bsiness then you can change the description of the docment and use for new bsiness

regards,

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changing the description of document type will not have any impact but it will have if you have maintained the same settings in VOV8 and copy controls.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the document type ZOR has not been used any more, you can definetly go ahead, make changes and use it for the current requirment.

Sales document type is a templete and is used to control the operations and will not have any impact on the financial reports, since there are no controls about FI in sales order configuration.