cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms-how to configure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am new to ABAP and have just started learning. I have worked on few objects in forms but i have few questions.

1. Can you please let me know how to configure smartform or sapscript to the transaction? I tried searching through the forum but i was not able to find any post which explains just how to configure the form or in other words how to invoke to form from the transactions?

For example, i have created a smartform from the SMARTFORMS transaction. Now how to link that to an existing transaction?

2. How will we identify for a particular scenario that smartform is to be used or sap script is to be used?

Waiting for your help.

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abap.learner03

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. My main question was how to configure the smartform or script with a transaction. I know we will have to do some changes in the NACE transaction,update driver program or print program but am not aware what the driver program or print program is and what has to be done in the NACE configuration. If you can help me with the configuration part it would be of great help. Also, can you tell me how to identify if smartform or script would be better for a particulat transaction. Meaning,how would we identify that script or form alone can be used for a transaction.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Scripts:

Go to transaction SE71 and develop the form,

Go to Se38(Abap editor) with the function modules(open_form, write_form,close_form) execute that form .

For Smartforms:

Go to transaction smartforms and develop the form, Click on Environment tab-->Functionmodule is generated for that particular form.

Go to transaction Se37 and give the function module of the form and execute it.

For examples search in SDN.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rajani