cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS structure changes but not posid - a new WBS is created in BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We frequently have users changing a WBS from : C06.06045-F1.OM.CO to say C06.06045-F1.WE.CO

This causes havoc in BW as the WBS is not stored as a POSID as in R/3 and a new WBS element is created in BI and then I have values stored against the old WBS in BI. The only way I have been resolving this is to do a reinitialisation which is huge as we have allot of data. Has anyone come across this before?

Lynn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rooyen,

Yes i have faced the situation.

let me explain how i had resolved the problem.

Once the WBS element is deleted in R/3 there is no point of maintianing the old WBS value in BI as well as R/3.

So you can delete in WBS masterdata at PSA level which got deleted in Source and load Master data from PSA,so now Master data is perfect.

Then Load the tranasaction data from the respective data source.

Let me know if you still come across the probelm.

Regards,

madhu ponnada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn

At the time of changing the WBS elements in source systems,the user should make the setting as cancel againist to the OLD WBS elements hence this changed WBS elements will reflect the changes in the BW side.

But iam not sure where exactly this changes will be done in source system.If possible contact any of the PS functional consultants.

Since you are doing re-init i guess you are facing this issue on Actuals datasources.

You can do onemore thing is,without delelting all the data and doing re-init,do a selective deletions on all the targets based on selections on WBS element( OLD WBS ).Then do a repairfull load from source to the targets with selection on WBS element( NEW WBS).

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, I will look into when the WBS is been changed. I know they are trying to stop this, but we need to sort it out until then. Abit of a bad design by SAP/BI.

Lynn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i'm facing this issue now. User creates e.g wbs element ABC in R/3.

WBS element master data updated in BW and transactional data exist in cube 0wbs_c11.

then user deletes wbs element ABC from r/3. and creates a new WBS element XYZ in r/3.

this raises a question how can WBS elemnt ABC dont exist in R/3 but transactional data exist for WBS ELEMent ABC in 0WBS_C11(datasource : 0CO_OM_WBS_6). From the PSA for 0WBS_C11 , i got the PSA and the CO Document number and checked in table COVP in R/3. Retrieved the object number for the CO DOcument number posting and checked in table PRPS on the object number. In that object number, other WBS element exist instead of ABC.

Have anyone faced this issue before? Appreciate your advice on how this can be sorted out.

Thank you.

Regards,

Satia